Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,822

2 members and 2,820 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Thanks

Re: Backwater Reptiles: Good or Bad?

ordered a male brb from them a couple days ago. it shipped and arrived when it was supposed to. it arrived in okay condition. he looked a little dehydrated but he wasnt too sickly. he ate right away with little effort. i probably wont order from them again just in case though

Thanks

Backwater Reptiles http://www.backwaterreptiles.com/ is Totally Over Priced and a Rip-Off of Exotic Insects Pets and Backwater Reptiles and is ONLY Online in The State of California USA ~ Samuel Sundberg ~ 4970 Rocklin Rd. ~ Rocklin CA. 95677

"Buyer Beware" ~ aka... "Caveat Emptor" ~ "Let The Buyer Beware" ~ "May He Beware" ~ "To Beware"

Their Live Guarantee is Worth Nothing ~ Their Nothing But Total Thieves and That's What Backwater Reptiles http://www.backwaterreptiles.com/ Web-Site are ~ Total Over Priced Thieves ~ "U" Have Been Warned"

Their Shipping Cost For Overnight Live Delivery That's in The SAME STATE of California USA as Them ~ Are Over Priced and They ALSO... Charge U for Handing Ur Order Too...

As We Stated We Live in The Same State of California USA as Backwater Reptiles ~ Samuel Sundberg ~ 4970 Rocklin Rd. ~ Rocklin CA. 95677 http://www.backwaterreptiles.com/ A Online ONLY Web-Site and They Shipped one Tarantula That Was DEAD ON ARRIVAL ~ BECAUSE They Shipped The Spiderling Tarantula in Soil and The Other Tarantula We Ordered Was to Be "3/4" to "1" in size and Was Only 1/4" inch in Size From Another Online Web-Site in The state of Florida

The Tarantula That The Online Florida Web-Site Shipped Out Was Packages The Right Way and Was Eating The Same Day

Sooo... We Say Again to ALL Who Reads This ~ "Buyer Beware" ~ aka... "Caveat Emptor" ~ "Let The Buyer Beware" ~ "May He Beware" ~ "To Beware" ~

When Buying Any-Thing From This RIP-OFF Fraud Web-Site ~ Know as Backwater Reptiles ~ Samuel Sundberg ~ 4970 Rocklin Rd. ~ Rocklin CA. 95677 http://www.backwaterreptiles.com ~ "U" "Will Beee..." Just Throwing Ur Money Away "Let The Buyer Beware"

Thanks

VERY BAD
    DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM http://www.backwaterreptiles.com/
    I order $65 of gecko and they miss the delivery date and I need to go out of town and cannot find anyone to pick up and sign at UPS. And it eventually got sent back and I did not event get a partial refund!
    Last edited by kuanbob; 11-22-2016 at 07:33 PM.

Thanks

I got a emerald tree boa from them, he came full with mites dehydrated I wanted a female and what I got is a male I'm still fighting with my guy to feed him I been having him for about 2 months now and he only ate for me once, If I were you I'd stay away from backwaterreptiles.

Thanks

i wouldn't... fauna boi reviews...youtube unboxings that are horrifying...feeding inappropriate food items...and not sure if he was lying or what but theres a guy in ball python fanatics that claims to work for them and hes happy about it...which is ok i guess whats no ok is what he says they find acceptable... and HE finds acceptable...nope.
    "learn so much about your subject that you don't need the reference anymore" Milt Kahl

Thanks

STAY AWAY !!!! Sam Sundberg owns this "company"

Backwater Reptiles is an on-line broker, a "drop-shipper" owned by Sam Sundberg. If your animal arrives dead or sick, Sam will just blame the customer or say, "that's the risk you take"...."read the fine print" etc....

When asked about his poor reputation, he will tell you that "only unhappy customers provide feedback". The "disgruntled effect" is a statistical selection bias that doesn't have the same impact on an internet broker like it does in professional services. It does not account for the shear magnitude of negative feedback you will find on the internet and even BBB site.

The BBB posts 4 stars for Sam but BACKWATER IS NOT accredited by the BBB because BACKWATER does not conform to their standards.

Last, Sam and his employees are very computer savvy. They are known to pose as "customers" to stuff web sites with glowing reviews of his own "company". This is well documented on Reptile sites and blogs.

How Do I know all this? Research AFTER the fact !!!

I bought several pets from BACKWATER. I never had a problem until one arrived sick. Sam refused to answer calls. He refused to admit, even the possibility, that the animal arrived sick. He claimed that he "would never send a sick animal" despite the fact that he never ships anything and never actually sees the animals. Sam implied that it was my fault that the little guy died. He threatened to send me to collections if I filed a dispute with the credit card company (which I did anyway). He threatened a lawsuit etc....

SUMMARY: PLEASE !!!! STAY AWAY from BACKWATER Reptiles and Sam Sundberg !!! There are plenty of CHEAPER and more honest folks out there. PLEASE learn from my mistake !!!!
    Last edited by ReptileRex; 12-21-2016 at 10:31 AM.

Thanks

There are many places online to purchase reptiles. I, unfortunately, didn't discover some of the awful stories related to BackwaterReptiles until after my baby kingsnake died, suddenly about 10 days after arrival.
    I paid $140 for a baby snake. I was very upset and sent them an email, since there is NO phone number to call for concerns/ questions. She wasnt all that active when first acclimating to her home...I was happy with her colors, she was beautiful! But her health was in question. Near the end she really stopped moving altogether. Id put her in her tank and she wouldnt even use her muscles to adjust to the ground! She just laid however she was put down...her head just dragged on the ground..she would, near the very end, stand up on her belly, and her head would waive back and forth, like she couldnt keep her balance also she would open her mouth over and opver again, and a quiet "popping" sound came out...thats just not normal.
    She died that night, right under the light, which A snake wouldnt do for a long period of time like she did, they would hide under something.

I didnt even care about the money, I cared about the snake and I wanted to talk to someone about it.
    Anyway I didnt get a reply that next day after a few emails. I finally got a nice lady (all of the female employees were very nice!). She asked me to send pictures and proof of my dead snake baby, and i did. I didnt get any emails back a while after that. I felt like I was being ignored. Youd think they would be all over the unfortunate situation of a dead animal of theirs. A friend told me about BetterBusinessBeaurau and said I should just go through them. I wasnt going to originally but I saw SO MANY terrible stories about animals arriving dead and poor customer service. I did it anyway. I know thats not nice to do to a company but I felt they werent doing their jobs right! Then a dude named "Sam" sent me an email and it just got nasty from there. Now I know a lot of the bad reviews Ive read are true when it comes to customer service. This guy really takes things personally unfortunately...

I WOULD NOT recommend. Plus, you really never know how things run in a state across the country. In hotter and more humid climates people can breed/sell/trade reptiles easier, so the way things run can definitely be in question. There are stories of really bad snake breeders out there, It was even on Animal Planet at one point. Shipping small delicate animals is very stressful on them. You should just find a snake you like that is local in your area. Reptile EXPOS come to different states all the time once a year or so, just research one. And you can ask the breeder questions right there! much better option.. Good luck!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234