Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 572

0 members and 572 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Ziggy31984 (40)

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus

Thread: Beware Of...

Thanks

Beware Of...

Be on the look out for a guy in the Chicago area going by the name of Nick Ziemba with a phone number of 708-769-8007. I had allowed him to use my pied ball python in his breeding project for the year in return for my snake back around Christmas and a hatchling from the clutch. We stayed in contact for the first few months, he had given me his fb ect. And then he disappeared with my snake. The pied was extremely important to me, it was my favorite ball python that my sister had pitched in over half to buy him for me since I dodn't have the money. She called him "poopers" because he relieved himself on her as soon as we got home. I know this is no one's fauly but mine because I trusted him, but I just want other people to be aware of his name so the same doesnt happen to them. It's been two months since I have gotten in contact with him. He deleted his facebook and my phone doesn't go through (I think he blocked my number). I didn't want to have to put this out there but I couldn't forgive myself if he scammed another person like me. Needless to say I've learned my lesson...

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to owl307 For This Useful Post:

Albert Clark (01-16-2017),tttaylorrr (01-15-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,602 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Wow, that's rough. Sorry that happened to you. It seems most animal lovers are good people and we tend to trust each other. Unfortunately you ran into the lowest of the low - someone who steals animals.
    The one thing I found that you can count on about Balls is that they are consistent about their inconsistentcy.

1.2 Coastal Carpet Pythons
    Mack The Knife, 2013
    Lizzy, 2010
    Etta, 2013
    1.1 Jungle Carpet Pythons
    Esmarelda , 2014
    Sundance, 2012
    2.0 Common BI Boas, Punch, 2005; Butch, age?
    0.1 Normal Ball Python, Elvira, 2001
    0.1 Olive (Aussie) Python, Olivia, 2017

Please excuse the spelling in my posts. Auto-Correct is my worst enema.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Reinz For This Useful Post:

REBELLMORPH (01-16-2017)

Thanks

Re: Beware Of...

That's just the lowest of the low Don't be too hard on yourself, it's the other party that is to blame. I really hope that he has a change of heart and returns him to you. If he's local could you possibly check any buy/sell type pages in case he's been put up for sale? Best of luck to you

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts
    Actually its both parties faults. You should never trust a stranger like that. Really sucks but unfortunately there are plenty of people like that in this world. I've been asked a few times to loan out Vicky my Lipstick sunglow by one of the gals at the reptile shop I buy food for my snakes at. Even though I've seen this gal a lot, I don't know her and no way I'm going to trust someone I don't know with my snake not to mention how well they will care for her. Only people I would maybe trust would be well known breeders or long time members of the local herp club in my area and even then, I would be hesitant.

Really sucks though chief. I feel your pain. If someone ever stole any of my 'kids', it would be huntin' time as I loaded my firearms Best of luck tracking the scumbag down. Also next time if you ever do it, be sure to get a copy of his drivers license and a signed contract by both of you stating the snake is a loan for a breeding project that will last X days and after that day, it is to be returned to you. And take pictures of your snake of course.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 888 Posts

Well first off i am sorry he stole from you. It seems he has changed his name to hide his thieving ways. If your in Illinois or surrounding state please add me on Facebook my name is Joseph Haggard. The avatar is my pastel yb mirage just message me also saying who you are and from here.I will see what i can come up with as i am VERY good in helping with these types of situations. This is his new name and profile on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/nick.ziemba.3
    Joe Haggard

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joepythons For This Useful Post:

Albert Clark (01-16-2017),Justinhicks (01-16-2017),Nellasaur (01-16-2017),tttaylorrr (01-16-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,139 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joepythons View Post
    Well first off i am sorry he stole from you. It seems he has changed his name to hide his thieving ways. If your in Illinois or surrounding state please add me on Facebook my name is Joseph Haggard. The avatar is my pastel yb mirage just message me also saying who you are and from here.I will see what i can come up with as i am VERY good in helping with these types of situations. This is his new name and profile on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/nick.ziemba.3
    Fantastic detective work Joe! I think this case is fodder for the BOI on Fauna Classifieds as well..
    Stay in peace and not pieces.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Albert Clark For This Useful Post:

bcr229 (01-16-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Clark View Post
    Fantastic detective work Joe! I think this case is fodder for the BOI on Fauna Classifieds as well..
    Thanks! It only took me a couple seconds to be honest. I knew that name and once i found him. Its a person who is a flipper locally and i dont remember him ever having a pied though
    Joe Haggard

12. The Following User Says Thank You to joepythons For This Useful Post:

Albert Clark (01-16-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 2,891 Posts
    all-around a terrible situation; i'm sorry your trust ended up in the wrong hands. the FaunaClassifieds BOI is a great place to let this person's antics be known to those within our community.

@joepythons great work finding him! is it just me, or does he look exactly like the kind of person who'd steal an animal?
    4.4 ball python
    1.0 Albino 0.1 Coral Glow 0.1 Super Cinnamon paradox 1.0 Piebald 0.1 Pastel Enchi Leopard het Piebald 1.0 Coral Glow het Piebald

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tttaylorrr View Post
    all-around a terrible situation; i'm sorry your trust ended up in the wrong hands. the FaunaClassifieds BOI is a great place to let this person's antics be known to those within our community.

@joepythons great work finding him! is it just me, or does he look exactly like the kind of person who'd steal an animal?
    Thanks! It REALLY makes me mad when i see anyone getting ripped off PERIOD. So i have MANY resources and can find just about anyone ANYWHERE. I have even found a guy that was all ready in jail for something else .
    Joe Haggard