Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,063

2 members and 2,061 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Again, this is why I really want to own my own pet store. I will say though, the store I worked in wasn't near that bad. The employees in the Pet Care area had a good basic knowledge of the animals (even the reptiles) and when I came in, I gave them a knowledge boost and our reptile section was awesome. No one left there with the wrong information. It was management that sucked. They hired some idiot who thought she knew about animals because she was going to school to become an equine vet, yet she knew diddly squat about anything other than horses.

She tried to convince me that feeding raw to my ferrets was dangerous and unnecessary. She also would not seek veterinary care for emaciated and mite-covered snakes, and even transferred one snake over to another store while it was covered in mites. That is when I left, and apparently, ever since I left, nothing has improved and they've even hired a girl in the department who sold a koi for a bowl.

I've made the decision I'm going to get my schooling on and take some business courses and in a few years open my own pet store. I have some good ideas, but I'm going to be studying a lot for the next few years.
    Under Construction.....

Thanks

Re: Corn Snakes eating crickets?

The Petco that I got my second snake, a blue garter, there was one employee that actually very knowledgeable and told me the correct substrate and food for the little guy. Also the guy there said that he owned 1 ball python, 3 corn snakes, and 1 garter snake, so maybe that was the reason why he knew about them. Needless to say, that employee was awesome

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123