Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,749

1 members and 2,748 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    http://www.change.org/petitions/gov-...oId_FhcUpwktBk

Change.org is really pushing for this petition. Talk about a bunch of stupidity.
    I really hate it when they use these sort of situations to push in a stupid, knee jerk reaction law.

Regulate exotics. Make it so you have to have permits to own them. Heck, ban private ownership of DEFINED dangerous animals (like tigers and lions), but don't just "ban exotics."

Stupid stupid stupid stupid.

Thanks
    As long as we continue to let irresponsible people own these types of animals or any "exotic" animal, we will continue to have to fight these types of people. Stuff like this is the perfect fuel for stoking the fires of organizations such as PETA.
    Lotsa Balls and more

http://www.tessadasexotics.com/

Registered User Amon Ra Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    We live about 20 minutes from this farm and we are embarrassed to be residents of Muskingum county right now. Just to clear something up the majority of these animals were shot by plain clothed, off duty officers who arrived in a pickup truck and used their personal firearms. And the greater majority of these animals were laying or standing INSIDE their enclosures. NOT EVEN LOOSE!! There are truly no words to describe the level of redneck, backwoods ignorance shown by our local law enforcement in the way this was handled. This wasn't a "protect the public" situation, it was a "good old boy once in a lifetime chance to bag a tiger" situation. I can begin to describe to you how angry this makes us.

Also, as far as Jack Hannas support of law enforcement in this situation. BS! He is a politician above all else he says what he's told to say. I worked at "The Wilds" locally which for those of you who haven't heard of it is a wildlife preserve about 30 minutes from Zanesville. During my time there Jack Hanna came down from time to time for different publicity things. It was widely known throughout the staff that "on camera Jack" was a totally different person from "off camera Jack." He had zero interest in animal contact unless he was being recorded. He was an absolute jerk to everyone, every time he was there. So I'm not putting much stock in his so called support.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Amon Ra Reptiles For This Useful Post:

Denial (10-20-2011),Highline Reptiles South (10-20-2011),llovelace (10-20-2011),QuiccStrike911 (10-20-2011),ReptilesK2 (10-20-2011),Slashmaster (10-20-2011)

BPnet Veteran Highline Reptiles South's Avatar
    Thanks
    Amon -if that is the case - that puts the WHOLE thing in a different light and it absolutely makes me sick and ANGRY at the same time. I was willing to give LEO the benefit of the doubt - but if that is true its borderline criminal behavior.

Thanks

Re: Ohio Animals That Escaped Are All Dead....

Quote Originally Posted by Amon Ra Reptiles View Post
    We live about 20 minutes from this farm and we are embarrassed to be residents of Muskingum county right now. Just to clear something up the majority of these animals were shot by plain clothed, off duty officers who arrived in a pickup truck and used their personal firearms. And the greater majority of these animals were laying or standing INSIDE their enclosures. NOT EVEN LOOSE!! There are truly no words to describe the level of redneck, backwoods ignorance shown by our local law enforcement in the way this was handled. This wasn't a "protect the public" situation, it was a "good old boy once in a lifetime chance to bag a tiger" situation. I can begin to describe to you how angry this makes us.

Also, as far as Jack Hannas support of law enforcement in this situation. BS! He is a politician above all else he says what he's told to say. I worked at "The Wilds" locally which for those of you who haven't heard of it is a wildlife preserve about 30 minutes from Zanesville. During my time there Jack Hanna came down from time to time for different publicity things. It was widely known throughout the staff that "on camera Jack" was a totally different person from "off camera Jack." He had zero interest in animal contact unless he was being recorded. He was an absolute jerk to everyone, every time he was there. So I'm not putting much stock in his so called support.
    I agree on what you said about Jack Hanna. I live in Columbus, Ohio and constantly hear nothing but bad news about this guy. There's a laundry list of information about this man's true motives circling around! I'm not one for gossip or to slander the name of a man that I've never personally met, but if it looks like a phony, smells like a phony, and everyone and their mother in the neighborhood call it a phony.....
    0.0.1 normal ball python
    1.0 jungle carpet python
    1.0 dumerils boa

7. The Following User Says Thank You to QuiccStrike911 For This Useful Post:

llovelace (10-20-2011)

Thanks
    What it comes down to is exotics like these can just be owned by anyone (state law allowing of course) in this case it was an individual who was obviously having mental issues. And not only that was involved in crimal behavior with just being let out of prison.
    As long as un-fit irresonsible people have animals news stories like these are going to go on.

Now weve got surveys using the term "exotic" animal. That covers a lot of creatures.
    An exotic animal would be anything not native to our country. I wonder if anyone that voted no on that survey had a tropical fish or a budgerigar or even a hamster for that matter. I guarantee the people that voted no only thought of big cats and bears like the situation in this story. But its not going to help the media freak at all.

If people FREAK OUT and pass some exotic animal bill it will affect everyone that a pet thats not native to the country.
    My name is Adriane
    Welcome to the Jungle
    1.0 Husband
    0.1 Banana Pied Ball Python
    2.0 Boston Terriers
    0.2 Buggs

Thanks
    Jack hanna is a joke and should not be allowed around ANY animals.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Denial For This Useful Post:

llovelace (10-20-2011),QuiccStrike911 (10-21-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,795 Times in 1,391 Posts
    I don't actually know how to comment on this. The whole thing is a mess and I am sure the media circus is just beginning. I hope the fall out of this mess isn't as big as I fear it will be.

Thanks

Re: Ohio Animals That Escaped Are All Dead....

Quote Originally Posted by TessadasExotics View Post
    People are so mad because the animals were killed. How about being mad about the dumb guy who let them go?
    Geez...I'm sure none of us thought about that! Really??? I think it's beyond obvious that this guy was an idiot and in no way should have had these animals. Sure, he was the cause of this problem, but I don't think all options were exhausted before the guns came out.

Sounds to me like a bunch of rednecks saw a chance to go on a free big game hunt. What a terrible loss in the animal world.

As for Jack Hannah...I've heard pretty much what everyone else has stated. He doesn't impress me.
    -Jordan

Balls
    0.1 Pinstripe.............................1.0 DH Lavender Snow
    0.2 PH Lavender Albino.............0.1 Bumblebee
    0.1 Pastel PH Ghost..................1.0 Pastel Het Ghost
    0.2 PH Ghost (Twins)................1.0 Cinnamon
    0.1 Het TSK Axanthic................1.3 Mojave
    0.1 Het Albino..........................1.0 Albino PH Pied
    1.1 Het Pied.............................1.0 Dinker
    1.2 Normal...............................1.0 Pastel Lesser

Boa
    0.1 Super Salmon Het Sunglow

Check us out at: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Dem...13090085417762

Registered User Amon Ra Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Front page of the newspaper today was a picture of a tiger cub dead.... So you want to tell me how in the heck you thought that little guy was going to hurt you and had to be killed. Like Scott posted above, most of the animals were shot from inside of their cages .... All they had to do was close the door. Most of the others were shot while they were just walking around the property. So what they couldn't have rounded them up into a pen or something. This whole situation just makes me so mad. Those animals could have been sent to the zoo or a sanitary. But I will shut up now lol. Me ranting won't fix it. As much as I'd love to go face to face with the red neck trash that did this...it would just lead to me getting arrested lol.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast