Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 513

0 members and 513 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Ziggy31984 (40)

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
    Thanks

Am I going crazy?

Hello everybody,

this is my second breeding season with my only ghost female so you can notice that I have almost no experience.
    This year everything was fine: regular matings, the female went off food on early May, there has been building and ovulation (16th of May according to my eye). Then on the week end of the 2nd of June she had the pre-laying shed, but unfortunately I'm not able to say when occurred because I took some days off with my family, but once at home on the 5th I could see the skin.
    Last year she gave my 5 wonderful eggs 30 days after the shed, this year 32-34 days have gone. Shall I start worrying? Asking me if I'm going crazy?
    I notice that she is more nervous moving around the cage several times in the day, but till now nothing. Does anybody can share his experience with me?

Ciao

BPnet Senior Member JodanOrNoDan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,575 Posts
    All my clutches have been at least a week late this year. I wouldn't worry. You will see movement like you are experiencing about a week before lay. You should be getting small amounts of white urate almost daily at this point.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JodanOrNoDan For This Useful Post:

Malestrom (06-01-2018)

Thanks

Re: Am I going crazy?

Quote Originally Posted by JodanOrNoDan View Post
    All my clutches have been at least a week late this year. I wouldn't worry. You will see movement like you are experiencing about a week before lay. You should be getting small amounts of white urate almost daily at this point.
    Yes indeed, so let's wait and thanks a lot

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries
    While the average is to have eggs 27 to 30 days after a pre-lay it can vary depending on other factors such as heat, the animal itself etc, I have had eggs in the past 50+ days POS not this is not common and could be cause for concern even eggs that are 35 days POS could be cause for concern but that is where knowing your animal and experience comes to play.

You need to make sure the animal shows a normal behavior, is not abnormally swelled up and does not appear distressed.
    Deborah Stewart

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    While the average is to have eggs 27 to 30 days after a pre-lay it can vary depending on other factors such as heat, the animal itself etc, I have had eggs in the past 50+ days POS not this is not common and could be cause for concern even eggs that are 35 days POS could be cause for concern but that is where knowing your animal and experience comes to play.

You need to make sure the animal shows a normal behavior, is not abnormally swelled up and does not appear distressed.
    According to what I see the female looks normal and not abnormally swelled, probably a little stressed but this can be considered part of the game as she should be pregnant.
    I will keep you informed.

Ciao

Thanks

My girl is 30 days today since last shed, no eggs yet but last week she was digging the substrate in the corners and roaming. She has now stopped and noticed she has been leaving little hard lumps of urate. She doesn't look as if she's got anything inside of her, I've got a feeling she'll slug out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

When I woke up this morning I found 5 beautiful eggs, so finally everything was OK. Last year she delivered the same amount of eggs on the 9th of July, this yer a day earlier. Great!!

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Franz71 For This Useful Post:

JodanOrNoDan (07-08-2017),Malestrom (06-01-2018),shaundouglass135 (07-08-2017)

BPnet Senior Member JodanOrNoDan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,575 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Franz71 View Post
    When I woke up this morning I found 5 beautiful eggs, so finally everything was OK. Last year she delivered the same amount of eggs on the 9th of July, this yer a day earlier. Great!!
    Awsome! Congrats. It sounded like she was real close.