Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,939

2 members and 2,937 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks

Unhappy I have a "special" baby beardie,from the egg he shakes, has seizures, and does flips.

Last week my clutch of 13 Beardie eggs hatched and to my surprise only two of them didn't make it. However, I have two special dragons. One is missing one eye, but that isn't the one I am concerned about. My "runt" which I was sure he was not going to make it because he constantly shakes his head like he has that Michael J Fox disease. When he's not shaking, he does back flips and then falls on his back and just lies their like he is dead. I go over and flip him over and hes fine but he continues shaking his precious head which seems way bigger than his body is. He looks just like a bobble head Bearded dragon. I left him in the incubator for an extra two days and then I decided that I was going to put him in with the rest of his gang and see how he does. To my surprise and to my dismay the little bugger is a survivor! He can actually hunt! I don't know how he does it but he just sits their bobbing with his curled tail and if a cricket happens by him he does this slick little floppy move and unbelievably he manages to grab that sucker. Hes still smaller than the rest of them but he really wants to live! Every time its time to eat he manages to grab at least two, and its almost like hes catching more than some of his siblings. Hes a total loner, but the others don't pick on him at all. About half the times I go to the tank to check on them hes lying flat on his back looking like a poor dead lizard. But I'll flip him over and he immediately starts to bobble his oversized head and turning in circles and doing backflips. OMGosh Im thinking the little bugger is going to make it. I am getting so attached because he is so pathetic, yet such a survivor that acts like he really wants to live! I love his spirit. Im not sure exactly what could have caused him to be this way and his brother to be missing one eye alltogether from birth. This was my first clutch of eggs incubated. I never thought that they would actually all hatch. Baby beardies are the sweetest, cutest, of Gods small creatures, and when they also have a severe handicap it only makes them more precious. I really did not want to keep another lizard because I allready have two adults but I know that knowone else will ever want to adopt him, and love him as I do. Does anyone know what could be wrong with my little bobblehead? Does anyone know what I did wrong to cause him to be handicaped? One of my friends thinks I should have let him flush my little bobblehead down the toilet but I would rather flush my friend down the toilet than that sweet little beardie. My heart bleeds for him to make it and become stronger.

Thanks
    Omgg poor beardie, to start it seems like he's in great hands, I would put liquid calicum in his water dish, also some vitamin without D3 on the crickets (if ur not using a powersun or something which I hope you are) make sure you feed him seperatly, when feeding time does come let him. Eat what ever he can in 15 minutes, also don't feed him any kind of worms just yet becuase they are REALLY fatening, as for ur cyclopes beardie, I just hope he makes it

Thanks
    Aww, sorry to hear about the little guy. Hope he does well and it sounds like he is in very caring hands.
    God Bless http://www.iherp.com/elbee
    _____
    1.0 Pastel, 1.0 Albino, 1.0 Piebald, 1.0 Pastel Butter Spotnose
    0.1 Het pied, 0.1 Pewter, 0.1 Super Pastel, 0.1 Champagne, 0.1 BEL, 0.1 Pastel Leopard
    1.1 Thayeri Kingsnake
    1.0 Hog Island Boa
    0.2 Western Hognose (normal and purple line albino)

Thanks
    Well it sounds like there was an issue with incubation. There's not
    Much you can do except try to help him through this. It almost sounds as if he has a calcium deficiency. I would give him as much pure calcium as possible. Crushed tums works really well. Make sure he is least of all stressed. And make sure he has access to a good UVB lamp.

Check out what's new on my website... www.Homegrownscales.com