My first set of (successful) eggs are on day 68 at 85degrees. The first egg pipped today, nothing from the other 3. My question is: Is there a suggested amount of time that i should wait before cutting the other eggs open, Do you cut them open as soon as one pips, or not at all and let nature take its course?
Me personally, I would let nature take it's course. Especially on my first clutch, just to be on the extra safe side -- Unless I had someone with experience with me or who could show me hands on. But my talk is cheap as I have never had my own clutch yet, but I know people who cut on day 50 religiously, but others say that is ridiculous and only do it on day 60+. I really don't see the rush, I would be nervous, especially on my first clutch of doing something wrong. Especially considering you are sticking a pair of razor sharp blades millimeters from your highly awaited "prime jewels".
However, thousands do it, so I'm sure there is some satisfaction and usefulness, so I would wait until someone who has had several clutches to post before you decide.
I personally just let them hatch on their own. The reason why yours are just now pipping instead of around day 56 is because you are incubating at a lower temperature (85 degrees vs 89/90 degrees). If one has already pipped, the rest should soon follow. If you do decide to cut, candle the eggs ahead of time so you can hopefully avoid any veins. Make a small slit so that air doesn't dry out the egg and bacteria doesn't get into the opening.
That is up to you! Some people cut at day 55, some day 60 and some right after the first pips or some never cut! That is a personal choice! Yes, you can cut now but you don't have to! Good luck and we NEED pics!