Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,053

2 members and 3,051 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Registered User Goodness_Gracious13's Avatar
    Thanks

Talking Ball Python Price Guide

Anyone ever make a price guide on BPs? One that is updated every month. That would be pretty cool. I am new to this website so I am still getting the hang of things. If you are comfortable to post prices you got on your ball pythons please do so.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Ball Python Price Guide

Posting prices like that would be against the rules here. Folks may ONLY advertise their animals (or whatever) in the Sales Forum and nowhere else.

As for an ongoing, updated price list....that would be a very tall order to fill. Prices tend to vary a LOT...big breeders might charge one thing...little breeders another...prices at shows vary a lot from prices online....and there is often a big difference in price for exceptional examples of a morph compared to the more common examples. And all of THAT changes a lot from month to month. Personally, I can't imagine wanting to keep up with it!
    -- Judy

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JLC For This Useful Post:

Goodness_Gracious13 (12-03-2010)

Thanks

Ah I see, hope I don't get in trouble hehe.. I've seen price guides for online RPG for weapons and such, though it might be cool to apply it here. And it would be a hella lot of work I agree

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Here is a guide that I kinda use to price stuff. Like Judy said, things vary.

http://www.constrictors.com/PriceLis...0Pricelist.pdf

*Judy...If it's not cool to post this link just take it down. I'm not advertising, just not sure about red tape. This is actually not a list of snakes for sale, just a general price list. I use Mike's list as a guide to price stuff.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FatBoy For This Useful Post:

Goodness_Gracious13 (12-03-2010),tonkatoyman (12-03-2010),TrpnBils (12-03-2010)

Thanks
    The thing with an RPG is that you can track prices due to the fact that it all happens in a game, and it's easy to locate how much a marketplace value is. With the ball pythons it's all through classifieds, breeders, and shows, which would be nigh impossible to put that all into one place. Plus quality and such plays in. A pastel is usually between $75 (low quality males) up to $400 for an animal that stands out.

More than a tall order, and definitely more work than anyone wants to do for very little gain. It's better to look around and expect to pay good money for morphs that stand out. You can get a good idea of what you'll pay by looking through kingsnake.com or breeder websites

Erica Evans
    Scourge of the San Juan Islands
    High Tide Exotics
    When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water.

"A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read"

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Valentine Pirate For This Useful Post:

Goodness_Gracious13 (12-03-2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FatBoy View Post
    *Judy...If it's not cool to post this link just take it down. I'm not advertising, just not sure about red tape. This is actually not a list of snakes for sale, just a general price list. I use Mike's list as a guide to price stuff.
    It's all cool, Frankie...thanks!
    -- Judy

Thanks

Cool thanks, that will work but I now see how much trouble this will cause. People giving their own opinions, typing in capitalized letters about the right price etc.; Breeders getting steamed. hehehe