Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,073

2 members and 3,071 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

ball python prices

I was just wondering if anyone could help me out. I'm trying to make a business proposal to someone, and I would like to know the current price of these hatchlings that could be made after I purchase some base morphs.
    this is what I have so far. (in canadian dollars)
    Albino
    high contrast albino 450-600
    het hc albino 200-300
    het albino 150-250
    yellowbelly 150-300
    yellowbelly spider
    ivory 1200-1500
    mojave 275-400
    mojave het hc albino
    mojave pastel
    blue eyed leucistic 2500-3300
    spider250-300
    spider mojave
    spider het hc albino
    bumble bee: 600-900
    lemon bee 800-1000
    caramel albino 1000
    66% het caramel albino 175-300
    pastel 125-250
    super pastel 500-700
    lemon pastel 350-550
    super lemon pastel 650-950
    pastel yellowbelly
    pastel het hc albino
    cinnamon 200-300
    pewter 500-700
    cinnabee 1300-1600
    cinnamon mojave
    het burgundy
    pieds 1200-1800
    66%het pieds 150-200
    spotnose 300-400
    If anyone could help, I would really appreciate it.
    Thanks,

-Kuro.
    3.3 Normal BP (Loki, Taree, Baby Girl)
    1.0 Bumble bee
    0.1 Pastel
    1.0 Spider
    1.0 Mojave
    1.2 Pastel het. OG
    1.0 Het Albino

Thanks

Re: ball python prices

i would start by surfing other breeders websites to figure out price ranges.
    0.1 B.P. (normal)-Scarlett
    3.0??? Painted turtles- Gott, Hammer, Coleman
    1.1 Dog (Husky/Shepard)-Maverick (Terrier mix)-Gypsy
    0.1 Spouse-Anjie
    2.1 Children -Miranda, Elliott, Bennett

Thanks
    Well I'm just going to save you some time but burst your bubble. Take all those prices and lower them by 20-45% because by the time you even have any of those babies, prices will have dropped significantly. I understand they are in Canadian, but more and more people produce Ball Pythons every year and plenty of people can't even sell them cause the market is flooded with pastels, Spiders, and Mojaves.

Breeding Ball Pythons is by no means a good lucrative business unless you produce numbers like BHB, Ralph Davis, or spend $30,000 on brand new morphs just imported.
    6.5.15 Animals
    1.2 Pomeranian's
    0.1.15 Tropical Fish
    2.2 Snakes:
    0.1 2009 100% Het Piebald
    0.1 Normal
    1.0 Green Tree Python
    1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steveboos View Post
    Well I'm just going to save you some time but burst your bubble. Take all those prices and lower them by 20-45% because by the time you even have any of those babies, prices will have dropped significantly. I understand they are in Canadian, but more and more people produce Ball Pythons every year and plenty of people can't even sell them cause the market is flooded with pastels, Spiders, and Mojaves.

Breeding Ball Pythons is by no means a good lucrative business unless you produce numbers like BHB, Ralph Davis, or spend $30,000 on brand new morphs just imported.
    I'm not trying to make ball python breeding my main source of income, but an opportunity to purchase 41 ball pythons came up, and I'm having a hard time with passing this by. If all goes well, I will have babies next year. I'm just trying to convince my step mother that she will get repaid for the amount she helps me.
    She plays in the stock markets, that's what she's all about.
    1.0 Bumble bee
    0.1 Pastel
    1.0 Spider
    1.0 Mojave
    1.2 Pastel het. OG
    1.0 Het Albino

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro_Yamaneko View Post
    I'm not trying to make ball python breeding my main source of income, but an opportunity to purchase 41 ball pythons came up, and I'm having a hard time with passing this by. If all goes well, I will have babies next year. I'm just trying to convince my step mother that she will get repaid for the amount she helps me.
    She plays in the stock markets, that's what she's all about.
    Well unless the person is also giving you all the racks, thermostats, tubs, heating elements, incubators, rat racks, rat breeding colonies, rat food, bedding along with the snakes, you will probably not break even, heck you'll in in the hole a few thousand for a while before you start producing babies. Then you will have to have people lined up to sell your babies to.

Keep in mind only a few shipping companies will let you ship live animals, even then NONE OF THEM offer insurance. Also the market is growing, but so are people doing exactly what your doing.

I don't want to be a downer, but I've seen this happen way too much, people get in over their head and realize it's not a good way to make any money. 95% of people never even break even on their snakes when they thought they could make thousands.
    6.5.15 Animals
    1.2 Pomeranian's
    0.1.15 Tropical Fish
    2.2 Snakes:
    0.1 2009 100% Het Piebald
    0.1 Normal
    1.0 Green Tree Python
    1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa

Thanks

Well unless the person is also giving you all the racks, thermostats, tubs, heating elements, incubators, rat racks, rat breeding colonies, rat food, bedding along with the snakes, you will probably not break even, heck you'll in in the hole a few thousand for a while before you start producing babies. Then you will have to have people lined up to sell your babies to.

Keep in mind only a few shipping companies will let you ship live animals, even then NONE OF THEM offer insurance. Also the market is growing, but so are people doing exactly what your doing.

I don't want to be a downer, but I've seen this happen way too much, people get in over their head and realize it's not a good way to make any money. 95% of people never even break even on their snakes when they thought they could make thousands.
    Yes, the seller is giving me all the racks, incubators, thermostats, and heating elements. I have a good friend that breeds rats, ASF's and mice, and the seller lives in the next town from me.

Don't worry about lecturing me on these details. I'm just looking for prices to know my possibilities.
    1.0 Bumble bee
    0.1 Pastel
    1.0 Spider
    1.0 Mojave
    1.2 Pastel het. OG
    1.0 Het Albino

Thanks

I agree, you can make money breeding ball pythons, but you better have this well planned out. Breeding them isn't hard, but you better know what you're doing if this is an investment. your stepmother must know a little about investing, she's not jumping in quickly with her money.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by don15681 View Post
    I agree, you can make money breeding ball pythons, but you better have this well planned out. Breeding them isn't hard, but you better know what you're doing if this is an investment. your stepmother must know a little about investing, she's not jumping in quickly with her money.
    I have yet to ask her. I'm trying to make sure I work out all the details first, and I'm giving her a typed proposal.

I want this done right. I already even have a garbage bag full of vermiculite waiting for eggs.
    1.0 Bumble bee
    0.1 Pastel
    1.0 Spider
    1.0 Mojave
    1.2 Pastel het. OG
    1.0 Het Albino

Ball Python Aficionado Adam Chandler's Avatar
    Thanks

Before you decide on seriously breeding Ball Pythons I would suggest reading this artical. http://ballpythonbreeder.com/2010/04...thon-breeding/ And going through the spreadsheet.
    "We are artists using locus and alleles as our paint; the ball python as our canvas" - Colin Weaver

Check out my Photoblog!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Agent73 View Post
    Before you decide on seriously breeding Ball Pythons I would suggest reading this artical. http://ballpythonbreeder.com/2010/04...thon-breeding/ And going through the spreadsheet.
    There is either something wrong with that page, or my internet is faulty, but it's just a black page...
    1.0 Bumble bee
    0.1 Pastel
    1.0 Spider
    1.0 Mojave
    1.2 Pastel het. OG
    1.0 Het Albino

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast