Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,678

0 members and 2,678 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: dreamsicle market price

Didnt you read my prior post 9my first one, that says breed het offspring back to mom, then breed the male visuals from that back to the females of the first generation of snakes)? You will greatly increase your chances, and if you dont produce the visuals you can keep your double het male. If, of course, you produce the correct snakes.

And, yes, a lot of breeding is luck. It's all a game of dice and you're betting that resources will be ready and that those resources will turn up a few diamonds.
    Ball Pythons 1.1 Lesser, Pastel
    1.0 Lesser Pastel, 0.0.7 mixed babies

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks

Ugh, that's kind of a lot of inbreeding.
    -Jackie Monk

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by loonunit View Post
    Ugh, that's kind of a lot of inbreeding.
    Not extremely, if you consider the whole 13 generations of inbreeding with little negative effect (remember hearing this around here). Alternatively you could invest in multiple female pieds, use those, and then breed accordingly, then breed back to the females from the f1 generation.
    Ball Pythons 1.1 Lesser, Pastel
    1.0 Lesser Pastel, 0.0.7 mixed babies

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by loonunit View Post
    Did Justin ever say how long it took him?
    Justin has a secret stash of luck because it only took him roughly 3-4 years I believe, and he hit on it the first try.

Man hatches out Pastel Piebalds on accident, then discovers a 3rd gene involved with his Yellow Belly Piebalds, then he hatches out a Dream on the first try, and so far this year he hatched out Honey Bees on accident. Saying the dude is Blessed is an understatement.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PrototypePythons View Post
    Ralphie is no longer the only source for Dreamsicles, Justin Kobylka produced a male last year, and he is hard at work this year so chances are Justin might have a few more up his sleeve. Not sure of the females he put him too, but I am sure he has some adult double hets laying around.
    I know Justin produced one last year, but I still think Ralph may be the only one with them available for sale right now. Maybe Justin will post if he has produced any more since the first one or if that male was able to breed in its first season. If his visual male didn't breed it's still kind of a longshot to produce another one with double hets but with Justin's luck he'll probably hit 6 of them. But who knows. I am sure it is possible that one of the more secretive breeders has a few by now.
    Last edited by J.Vandegrift; 08-05-2010 at 02:34 PM.
    John Vandegrift

6. The Following User Says Thank You to J.Vandegrift For This Useful Post:

jkobylka (08-05-2010)

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AaronP View Post
    Justin has a secret stash of luck because it only took him roughly 3-4 years I believe, and he hit on it the first try.

Man hatches out Pastel Piebalds on accident, then discovers a 3rd gene involved with his Yellow Belly Piebalds, then he hatches out a Dream on the first try, and so far this year he hatched out Honey Bees on accident. Saying the dude is Blessed is an understatement.
    I was just going to ask if anybody had seen the honey bees this week. Spider-to-normal pairing, no less!
    Last edited by loonunit; 08-05-2010 at 02:35 PM.
    -Jackie Monk

8. The Following User Says Thank You to loonunit For This Useful Post:

jkobylka (08-05-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pfan151 View Post
    I know Justin produced one last year, but I still think Ralph may be the only one with them available for sale right now. Maybe Justin will post if he has produced any more since the first one or if that male was able to breed in its first season. If his visual male didn't breed it's still kind of a longshot to produce another one with double hets but with Justin's luck he'll probably hit 6 of them. But who knows. I am sure it is possible that one of the more secretive breeders has a few by now.
    So far I've only produced the one Dreamsicle. He did see a couple of girls late this season, but they were backed up with other males, so there is no guarantee for anything better than 1:16 again this year. Seems like whenever a younger male is bred along with a proven stud, the offspring comes from the proven breeder.

I been very fortunate over the past few seasons! Other than the Honeybees (huge surprise!), my odds have not be extraordinary this season... didn't get any Ivories from Pastel YB x YB.

Hopefully I'm saving up my good fortune for some of the really cool stuff in Sept / October!

Quote Originally Posted by AaronP View Post
    3 years waiting for pied to grow up before I bought an adult Lavender male. Then switched my plans and sent my Lav to Peter Kahl on loan to produce my Dbl Het Dreams. I was very fortunate to get my female dbl het Dream to produce at 24 months and then hit the odds on 6 eggs. All in all I working toward the project for a full 5 years could easily have been more with poor odds or if the female Dbl Het had required the full 3 years.

Justin
    Last edited by jkobylka; 08-05-2010 at 03:29 PM.
    J. Kobylka Reptiles Website
    Check out the 2013 JKR incubator!

Warning:
    Snakes have been shown to cause death in laboratory rats.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jkobylka For This Useful Post:

KMS (08-06-2010),loonunit (08-05-2010),Oxylepy (08-05-2010),Shadera (08-06-2010),Wapadi (04-13-2014)

Thanks

I have 07 double het pair...im willing to trade for a kidney if anyones interested.

In all reality though, I cant wait until I have a baby dream in one of my tubs!
    Last edited by dr del; 08-06-2010 at 09:40 AM. Reason: removing sales discussion

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    It is 2014 and what is the current price on Dreamsicles? I can't find one that is for sale.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    No one?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast