Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,033

2 members and 3,031 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Lemonback Pic

Thanks

Re: Lemonback Pic

Quote Originally Posted by Big Gunns View Post
    Has anyone seen an updated pic of the Super? You really can't see much color on a lot of Super Fires when they are born...the yellow spots get darker as they age(they all don't have spots though). It will be interesting to see if these get yellow spots on them also, or if they stay all white. BG would need to see at least 10 Super Lemonbacks at about 300 grams before he could give his verdict.
    Very wise!!

I reserve my final verdict based on seeing at least 5 different of ANY, and ALL, MORPHS... at a minimum of 800 grams.
    Bill Buchman

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Big Gunns View Post
    Has anyone seen an updated pic of the Super? You really can't see much color on a lot of Super Fires when they are born...the yellow spots get darker as they age(they all don't have spots though). It will be interesting to see if these get yellow spots on them also, or if they stay all white. BG would need to see at least 10 Super Lemonbacks at about 300 grams before he could give his verdict.
    Oh I agree with you whole hardily BG and that is why in my post I stated the following.

Quote Originally Posted by Albey View Post
    That was a very smart pickup Louis. If the Super continues to be a pure Pied white Ball they are going to be the most popular Lucy ever.
    Now if you looked at the recent Kingsnake ad you will notice that Pro Exotics states that the following.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro Exotics in a Kingsnake Ad
    The Pro Exotics Lemonbacks seem to be related to Fires, along the same lines as the relation between Lessers and Butters. Lemonbacks make Fireflies when bred with a Pastel, and the Super Lemonback is an outstanding white snake without a speck of color.

We have crossed the Lemonback with the Desert line to make a Desert Lemonback, producing a gorgeous snake!

Lemonbacks have tons of potential as a combo or stand alone morph. Add Lemonbacks to your collection today!

Lemonbacks- u.s.c.b. 2009- Males and females available at $500ea
    Now I realize if they are lying about the Super still being a white snake without a speck of color they would be the first breeders to do such a thing, but Chad and Robin have always struck me as guys that were pretty much on the up and up and I will take them at their word.
    Thanks,
    Albey Scholl
    Albey's Too Cool Reptiles
    Like us on Facebook

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Albey For This Useful Post:

Louis Kirkland (04-17-2010)

Thanks

Great pickup Louis! The lemonback is definately one to add to my collection in the future.

Albey, thanks as usual for the lesson and pics.
    Alice

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." Herm Albright

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Alice For This Useful Post:

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Barnhart View Post
    Very nice Louis! I love the pattern and color of that guy...

Good luck with him.

Tom
    Thanks Tom!

Quote Originally Posted by dembonez View Post
    amazing!!!!!!
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by jsschrei View Post
    They are so nice. I want one.
    Thanks!

Now I realize if they are lying about the Super still being a white snake without a speck of color they would be the first breeders to do such a thing, but Chad and Robin have always struck me as guys that were pretty much on the up and up and I will take them at their word.
    Thanks again Albey! I agree!

Quote Originally Posted by Alice View Post
    Great pickup Louis! The lemonback is definately one to add to my collection in the future.

Albey, thanks as usual for the lesson and pics.
    Thanks Alice!
    "Selective Breeding Begins With Selective Buying"

Louis Kirkland
    Stealth Exotics on facebook
    Cornerstone Reptiles on facebook

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

I wonder how long it will be before they make it over here...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,287 Times in 921 Posts

I'm confused....it looks like a nice normal to me. What makes it stand out visually?
    ALL THAT SLITHERS - Ball Python aficionado/keeper
    breeder of African soft fur Rats. Keeper of other small exotic mammals.
    10 sugar gliders

2 tenrecs
    5 jumping spiders
    paludarium with fish
    Brisingr the albino
    Snowy the BEL
    Piglet the albino conda hognose

FINALLY got my BEL,no longer breeding snakes. married to mechnut450..

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Buchman View Post
    Very wise!!

I reserve my final verdict based on seeing at least 5 different of ANY, and ALL, MORPHS... at a minimum of 800 grams.
    Would you ever expect BG to be anything else?

Oh I agree with you whole hardily BG and that is why in my post I stated the following.

Now if you looked at the recent Kingsnake ad you will notice that Pro Exotics states that the following.

We will see. BG for one hopes it does stay perfectly white.

Quote Originally Posted by 4theSNAKElady View Post
    I'm confused....it looks like a nice normal to me. What makes it stand out visually?
    This is what separates the rookies from the pros. Now BG wants everyone to brace themselves for what's coming. It may have already started. BG gives the over under odds at 1 week. Just like the "Is this a Fire"....and the "Is this a Yellowbelly" threads....there will be 1 million "Is the a Lemonback" threads starting very shortly.

BG is willing to bet that half the people(rookies) on here think they have one right now.

BG will say it's once again. A "normal" is not a "normal" until bred and proven to be a "normal". Even if you do that though, you still need to breed the babies back to the parents to prove without a doubt that it is a "normal". So in other words, a few of you may have a Lemonback, but BG doubts it, us pros are pretty good at picking them out. We probably would have spotted it long before it ever made it out to the general public, but you never know.

Now how many of you have pulled out some of your nice yellow "normals" and are thinking you hit the jackpot?

Thanks

LOve it!!!!!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to snakegrl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,497 Times in 1,400 Posts

really nice lemonback

13. The Following User Says Thank You to jben For This Useful Post:

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Louis, wicked looking snake, I love the reduced pattern. Do you know where Pro Exotics got the original. I ask because about 5 years ago, I was talking over the net to a guy who had a Fire looking snake that he called Lemonback Hypos....wonder if PE bought out his project, or if the name was just coincidence.

As far as comparison shots go, I think there is going to be a drastic amount of differing color and patterns in each line. I honestly think you could take two Sulfurs and post pics side by side and they would look different. I think you could take two Fires and put them side by side and they would look different. There is a wide range of appearance inside each morph/line. I produced a very dark and granite looking Sulfur back in 06. I have also produced light and clean Sulfurs. This past year, I produced a few Embers, and all looked similar except one bright orange one. (if you want to see pics, I think there is a thread on here under Emberball comparison or something like that)

I would say, if there are going to be comparisons, everyone has to agree on one snake from each line as a representitive snake, and as an average look for the line, in order for there to be a meaninful comparison of the lines. Or, take 5 random Sulfurs, 5 random Lemonbacks, and 5 random Fires, and do a comparison that way.

Dave

15. The Following User Says Thank You to EmberBall For This Useful Post:

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast