Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,100

0 members and 3,100 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks

Choosing a Lesser...

As I have been shopping around for a lesser I have found prices ranging from $300-$600 regardless of gender. Is there something that a $600 lesser has that a $300 lesser doesn't? And even if the blushing is different, any Lesser X Mojave makes a bright white BEL correct?

Thanks

Re: Choosing a Lesser...

Yes and no....

A reduced pattern high yellow lesser will make better crosses with other morphs, but mixed with anything from the BEL complex will make you a BEL and the color and pattern no longer matters (per se).

Reputation of the breeder and quality and gender and size always have an influence on the price.
    1.0: Honey Bee | Lesser | Banana Pastel Enchi | Clown 66% Het Albino
    0.1: Kingpin | x2 Mojave | Super Pastel HGW | Albino | Sterling Mojave Pinstripe | GHI Pewter | Pastel Het Clown | Sable 66% Het Clown

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Turbo Serpent For This Useful Post:

Wobbilly5 (02-28-2010)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

There are 3 things that immediately come to mind that might make prices higher:
    1 - a higher quality, better looking example of the morph
    2 - a better known breeder
    3 - a breeder new to BPs who thinks that because they bought their lesser male for $600 last year, they should be able to sell the babies for the same price this year

I would definitely be willing to pay the higher price for the first one, and to a certain extent, for the second one as well, because a reputable breeder will stand behind the animals they sell and be there for you if you have any issues.

Also, low prices do not necessarily mean there is anything wrong with the animal.
    A - someone who is in a hurry to sell for any number of reasons, some of which are perfectly acceptable and others aren't
    B - a new breeder who feels they can't compete with the big guys, so sets their prices lower

It isn't unusual to see animals start out priced high, usually for reason 3, and then quickly get dropped down to a low price, usually for some of the less acceptable sides of reason A. Nothing has changed about the animal, the breeder offering it, or anything else except the price. So you really have to use your judgement.

It is ALWAYS a good idea to check out the reputation of the breeder you are buying from on the BOI or the feedback section of this site.
    Casey

5. The Following User Says Thank You to kc261 For This Useful Post:

Wobbilly5 (02-28-2010)

Thanks

Thank you guys so much for your help! I hope I can find one soon!