Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,966

2 members and 2,964 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Reptiles EVERYWHERE! Foschi Exotic Serpents's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,292 Posts

7 Yrs old & gravid

Here is an updated pic of my biggest girl Thunder. She just shed last night. She will have one more shed before she lays so this will be the last I will handle her like that until she does lay.

And OMG is she HEAVY!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

Re: 7 Yrs old & gravid

Hi,

Where does the other shed come in?

If she has already ovulated I thought there was only one shed then 30 days later eggs appear?

But either way congrats - what was she paired with?

dr del
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dr del View Post
    Hi,

Where does the other shed come in?

If she has already ovulated I thought there was only one shed then 30 days later eggs appear?

But either way congrats - what was she paired with?

dr del
    She did the same thing last year and threw me for a loop. She shed twice before she laid eggs. This couldnt be her prelay shed because she hasnt gotten so big that she looks peaked yet. She is soaking constantly but has just started laying on her side & belly up. Refusing food & her attitude suddenly sprang up. Just like last year. This girl is odd that way. She will swell until she looks like she is about to pop and her tail is but a nub. She does this multiple times per season. Not just the once or twice you usually see as far as ovulation goes.

She laid her eggs in march last year but she went a month later this year due to the quarantine period of her new boyfriend. So im guessing she should lay in either late march or april of 2010. Which means she will shed one more time before she lays. Ive learned her habits and she is close but not yet.

She was put to Matt Cooks Lucy. She is still a dinker so far. So all im positive of is I could get russo hets, lessers and normals.
    Last edited by Foschi Exotic Serpents; 12-14-2009 at 09:50 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

Ahhh,

I feel your pain.

One of mine is a massive builder as well - she looks as though she has two ovulations every time she has bred for me.

Every time I go "yup thats an ovvy" then two weeks look in and go "yup thats an ovv..... hey waitaminute!!!"

So this is basically her pre-ovulation shed?

Can you still feel follicles inside her?

And now for the good news.

If she was bred to the lucy then no normals for you in the clutch.

Nothing but Russo hets and lessers.

dr del
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dr del View Post
    Ahhh,

I feel your pain.

One of mine is a massive builder as well - she looks as though she has two ovulations every time she has bred for me.

Every time I go "yup thats an ovvy" then two weeks look in and go "yup thats an ovv..... hey waitaminute!!!"

So this is basically her pre-ovulation shed?

Can you still feel follicles inside her?

And now for the good news.

If she was bred to the lucy then no normals for you in the clutch.

Nothing but Russo hets and lessers.

dr del
    AH!! Your right! Jeeze. I wasnt even thinking about the double co-dom thing. Well Im hoping this girl proves to be something other than normal and something awesome pops out! Doubtful but there is always room for surprises in this hobby

As for follicles Im not even messing with her belly at this point. Over a month ago there were definately plenty of marbles and she and Sinatra were locked for a couple weeks. I will putting them back together as soon as he digests but Im positive she is developing eggs by now.
    Last edited by Foschi Exotic Serpents; 12-14-2009 at 10:00 PM.