Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,328

2 members and 2,326 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Thanks

Re: a gigantic unknow 60 feet python caught in china

Quote Originally Posted by waltah! View Post
    I think the snake is 75ft at least. Nothing anyone says will change my mind.
    It's 75.5 feet. Does that change your mind?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,252 Times in 931 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    It's 75.5 feet. Does that change your mind?
    Well yeah, but I wouldn't believe anything over 76ft.
    --Walt

Thanks

The smaller the track hoe is... the closer it is to the man.... the closer it is the the man, the larger the snake. Most small track hoes have a horizontal reach of less than 16 feet, now, at an upwards angle like the one it is, I'm guessing (if it's indeed a small track hoe) then it has a horizontal reach of 11-13 feet... then take into account that a track hoe has two joints, which are pulled in like this

. . . /\
    . . .| D
    . TT
    ^^^

then the horizontal length would be probably around 6-7 feet from where the man is standing to the snake... so that is one seriously tiny man if that really is a small track-hoe.

A track hoe of a certain size can only have certain maximum proportions because it would tip while it worked otherwise--too long of an arm means too much weight on the lifted end.

If it's a LARGE track hoe that has a larger bucket, or it it is higher off the ground then the larger the snake is anyway, so who knows.

By the way, the arm is about 1.2 times the shoulder width of the man sitting--since they're right next to eachother anyway--and if he is on the low end of the shoulder width for fit men (unfit being 16-18 and fit being 19-24) with 19 inch shoulders, the track hoe arm would have a 22.8 inch width--about 2 feet, so if by the same proportions as some of the other track hoes I've been looking at, the bucket width is usually 2 times the arm width, it would be nearing 4 feet, and the snake is 5.5 times (omitting the part of the tail we can't see) the width of the bucket... so the snake's at the very least, a few feet longer than 15. By the 22.8 inch standards, it would be 20.9 feet long.

Just my two cents on measuring the snake. =/
    Last edited by p3titexburial; 11-19-2009 at 05:02 AM. Reason: my track hoe emoticon came out funny
    Watch and wait; a hapless creature has wandered in wake of my growing hunger. My oh my, don't you look tasty?
    Hey traveler, what do you know of wolves?

All that's scaly and reptilian, all that's furry and mammalian, all that swims in the sea, all that flies in the sky--I love each and every one of these precious creatures.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by p3titexburial View Post
    The smaller the track hoe is... the closer it is to the man.... the closer it is the the man, the larger the snake. Most small track hoes have a horizontal reach of less than 16 feet, now, at an upwards angle like the one it is, I'm guessing (if it's indeed a small track hoe) then it has a horizontal reach of 11-13 feet... then take into account that a track hoe has two joints, which are pulled in like this

. . . /\
    . . .| D
    . TT
    ^^^

then the horizontal length would be probably around 6-7 feet from where the man is standing to the snake... so that is one seriously tiny man if that really is a small track-hoe.

A track hoe of a certain size can only have certain maximum proportions because it would tip while it worked otherwise--too long of an arm means too much weight on the lifted end.

If it's a LARGE track hoe that has a larger bucket, or it it is higher off the ground then the larger the snake is anyway, so who knows.

By the way, the arm is about 1.2 times the shoulder width of the man sitting--since they're right next to eachother anyway--and if he is on the low end of the shoulder width for fit men (unfit being 16-18 and fit being 19-24) with 19 inch shoulders, the track hoe arm would have a 22.8 inch width--about 2 feet, so if by the same proportions as some of the other track hoes I've been looking at, the bucket width is usually 2 times the arm width, it would be nearing 4 feet, and the snake is 5.5 times (omitting the part of the tail we can't see) the width of the bucket... so the snake's at the very least, a few feet longer than 15. By the 22.8 inch standards, it would be 20.9 feet long.

Would it be inappropriate at this juncture to make a smart Asian joke?
    -1.0 Normal Ball Python: Damien-

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by p3titexburial View Post

. . . /\
    . . .| D
    . TT
    ^^^

On another note. I've seen some pretty big track hoe's. Tho even the big track hoe's dont get over 5'9". But as a wise man once said. It's not the hoe on the track, it's the track in the hoe!

lol alright I'm done....sorry
    -1.0 Normal Ball Python: Damien-

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345