Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,002

0 members and 3,002 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: a gigantic unknow 60 feet python caught in china

Here's an extremely crude translation of the article thanks to the interwebs. I like how they estimated the age of the snake to be 140 years old. Did they count the rings?

[Business Taiwan interacts the Chinese group]When one living thing is long normally compared to big, the age compared to similar long, the Chinese tradition all thought they become a ghost, recently in Guangxi Guiping Xishan, had the construction engineering unit to dig out two great snakes unexpectedly accidentally, is interrupted around the middle in the excavation process the death, another (small) then has not had the trace, after the department concerned to already the great snake confirmation which died, this snake was the rare species, the whole body sends the gold, the lamella is hard, violently poisonous, the height 16.7 meters, estimated the snake age 140 years old, had the residential regarding this rumor were approximately “the snake essence” the present world.
    According to understood this Guiping digs the snake event occurs in this August 4 early morning five o'clock, at that time a shovel putty vehicle driver constructed in Xishan excavates, dug out two great snakes accidentally, when excavation the snake body is dug breaks, another opened the big mouth to make the sad sound, at that time excavated the driver knelt immediately kowtows, other people hurried flee the scene, after that the human returned to the work site in the presence of everyone, discovered dug the snake driver to faint in the place, the great snake ran away does not have the trace.
    Afterwards the constructor decided will interrupt the great snake will send to treats and cures, but the helpless will be shipping the great snake to die on the way.At the same time, faints because the driver frightened excessively is also sending to hospital does not govern on the way died.According to the biological expert textually researches, this snake age 140 years old, the weight 300 kilograms, the usual monogamy accompanies approximately occupies, they questioned why is far away in the moist mountainous area to be able to have this great snake.(People's net)

-Lawrence

Thanks

I agree with everyone else its about 15 - 20 feet at the most.
    Click here to see My collection & Available> http://www.iherp.com/Public/Animals/...2-08169f5b8efc

Thanks

I agree that it probably isn't 60ft, but it looks like it can be bigger than 20--it's hanging by a crane-like thing that's tilted forward which IS positioned directly next to the crate one of the men is sitting in... which is the height of the other man who is standing... who I will guestimate is average at 5"3-5"4.

The issue with the 140 year old snake is that asian cultures are both extremely fearful and extremely reverent of snakes, reptiles, and animals in general. An animal going into centuries is considered a spirit, or demon, depending on the translation, so something that's gigantic or out of the realm of their experience is first regarded as something mythical--the majority of China is still rural and country, with very few people receiving proper education, or even any education at all.

Sometimes legends and reality collide, which comes up with some unfortunate controversies. I wouldn't say everything they churn out is true, but I wouldn't be so quick to laugh at it either.
    Watch and wait; a hapless creature has wandered in wake of my growing hunger. My oh my, don't you look tasty?
    Hey traveler, what do you know of wolves?

All that's scaly and reptilian, all that's furry and mammalian, all that swims in the sea, all that flies in the sky--I love each and every one of these precious creatures.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to p3titexburial For This Useful Post:

Hapa_Haole (11-17-2009)

Thanks

That snake is bigger than 15'

....just sayin.

The boom arm is AT LEAST 15' off the ground, and the snake is doubled over it. Its a damn Backhoe people...they arent small.

Thanks

Its actually an Excavator or "Track Hoe" and some of them are small. That bucket is no bigger than 3 feet and it takes over half the body to double over it which is about 6 to 8 feet maybe. so that snake is no longer than 20'.
    Click here to see My collection & Available> http://www.iherp.com/Public/Animals/...2-08169f5b8efc

Thanks

That bucket is 3' my ass.

Lets take that guy for instance.

Say he is 5' tall....thats relatively small considering.

and seeing how that man is standing BEHIND the snake, we can deduct that he is probably a few inches taller than he looks, JUST from perspective.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Patrick Long For This Useful Post:

abuja (11-17-2009),Dianna (11-17-2009),Kesslers Kreatures (11-17-2009),ScubaDiver007 (11-17-2009)

BPnet Veteran Kesslers Kreatures's Avatar
    Thanks

LOL Pat!
    Lewie

0.1 Girlfriend
    5.13 Ball Pythons
    1.0 Kenyan Sand Boas

Thanks

Ok belive what you want. I would like to see them measure it I would bet 100 bucks its 20 feet or less.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jason79 View Post
    Ok belive what you want. I would like to see them measure it I would bet 100 bucks its 20 feet or less.
    BELIEVE!?!?!?!

I just SHOWED you......

What now the Chinamens are Photoshop masters too?!?!?!?!
    Last edited by Patrick Long; 11-17-2009 at 03:18 PM.

Thanks

Dead or not. that thing is HUGE! I was doing the same thing with my thumb Pat.. Photo shop is the best

0.2 Pied, 0.1 Pastel, 0.1 Blonde Pastel, 0.1 Albino, 1.0 Pinstripe, 1.1 Lesser Platium, 1.0 Pastel Het Pied, 1.2 DH for VPI Snow(Albino/Axanthic), 1.0 VPI Snow, 0.1 Caramel 66% Ghost, 0.2 Het Ghost, 0.1 Blonde Pastel Het Ghost, 1.1 Pastel Ghost, 0.2 Black Pastel Het Pied, 1.0 G-Stripe, 0.1 Het G-Stripe, 0.1 Spinner, 1.1 Bumble Bee, 1.1 Honey Bee, 0.1 Pinstripe Het Ghost, 0.1 Russo BEL, 1.0 Clown Ph Ghost, 0.1 Ghost Ph Clown, 0.1 Humble Bee, 1.0 Sugar, 1.0 Black Pastel Het Albino, 0.1 Pinstripe Het Axanthic, 0.1 Butter,

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast