Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,492

3 members and 3,489 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg

Cleanest bel's ?

Printable View

• 11-25-2009, 11:07 PM
    J.Vandegrift
    Re: Cleanest bel's ?
    The smaller one is the lesser x mojave, and the larger is the pure lesser. I could not get the greatest pic because they would not hold still, but you can still see the color is the same. Neither or them are true pure white IMO but if you see them right after a fresh shed they are pretty close. IMO The only way to get a true bright white snake is with a lesser pied. That is a WHITE snake.
    http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...1/DSCN3161.jpg
  • 11-26-2009, 08:36 AM
    OhhWatALoser
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Sloanreptiles View Post
    Thats weird because every Lesser X Mojave and every Mocha X Mojave I have ever seen is pure white and ours is 250 grams and still completely white!

250 is far from adult

pfan151 its probally the pictures but the smaller ones looks off white to me, and how big are they?

also this is the first time I've herd of the bug eye thing and yours doesn't seem to have it
  • 11-26-2009, 10:36 AM
    Emilio
    I've seen the bug eye problem in person it was a super butter at daytona in Kim Bell's display. Its not a real big deal to me, but of course I'd rather have the regular look but I won't lose any sleep if I produce a super lesser that has them. And I agree with John the 2 snakes he produced are pretty much indistinguishable, and I too will be breeding for super lesser's and lesser x mojo soon.
  • 11-27-2009, 12:54 AM
    J.Vandegrift
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Emilio View Post
    I've seen the bug eye problem in person it was a super butter at daytona in Kim Bell's display. Its not a real big deal to me, but of course I'd rather have the regular look but I won't lose any sleep if I produce a super lesser that has them. And I agree with John the 2 snakes he produced are pretty much indistinguishable, and I too will be breeding for super lesser's and lesser x mojo soon.

Not a huge deal to me either, but just another one of those things that are hidden that pisses me off. Just like the wobbling spiders were back in the day.
  • 11-27-2009, 01:55 AM
    MarkS
    It's interesting about the bug eyes since most Leucistic Texas rat snakes have the same thing. I wonder if it's something that comes with being leucistic?

I've heard about it before in super lessers, but this is the first time I've seen pictures. Is this more common or less common? Did you produce this one yourself? Who did you get your lessers from? Where they out-bred or closely related?
  • 11-27-2009, 01:04 PM
    J.Vandegrift
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    It's interesting about the bug eyes since most Leucistic Texas rat snakes have the same thing. I wonder if it's something that comes with being leucistic?

I've heard about it before in super lessers, but this is the first time I've seen pictures. Is this more common or less common? Did you produce this one yourself? Who did you get your lessers from? Where they out-bred or closely related?

I produced it myself. From what I have heard it's a 50/50 thing whether they have it or not. I don't want to say where mine came from because I don't want to possibly hurt their business over something that is not their fault, but they were both from totally different breeders in different years. Luckily it does not seem to be nearly as bad as the texas rats that I have seen. Those are just disturbing to me.
  • 11-27-2009, 01:07 PM
    dr del
    Hi,

Do you feel it's something that it might be possible to remove from the morph by selective breeding?

Or is it so closely linked to the morph it's in there to stay like the spider wobbles?

dr del
  • 11-27-2009, 02:23 PM
    OhhWatALoser
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dr del View Post
    Hi,

Do you feel it's something that it might be possible to remove from the morph by selective breeding?

Or is it so closely linked to the morph it's in there to stay like the spider wobbles?

dr del

if what they say is true and 50% of them have it, it most likly linked with the morph. Inbreeding if anything should cause random deformities, not the exact same one over and over.
  • 11-27-2009, 02:27 PM
    EmberBall
  • 11-27-2009, 07:58 PM
    Sloanreptiles
    Quote:

Originally Posted by OhhWatALoser View Post
    250 is far from adult

pfan151 its probally the pictures but the smaller ones looks off white to me, and how big are they?

also this is the first time I've herd of the bug eye thing and yours doesn't seem to have it

Im not going to argue with you but we have plenty of friends with adult Lesser X Mojaves that are as white as when they first hatched, when you have one you'll know.