Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,972

0 members and 2,972 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma

Cypress Mulch ???

Printable View

• 08-29-2011, 10:59 AM
    Aes_Sidhe
    Cypress Mulch ???
    I decided to make "natural" looking vivarium for my House snake. You know drift wood, vines, fake plants, natural hides and such. As substrate I decide to go with Cypress Mulch...

And Here I have Question to all of You using that substrate... Can any of You recommended specific "reptile grade" brand of cypress mulch???

I want it clean as much as possible without dealing with wood mites and other bugs.

Thanks in Advance.
  • 08-29-2011, 11:42 AM
    ballpythonluvr
    Re: Cypress Mulch
    There is cypress mulch made by a company called SerpentTurf I believe. It is supposed to be high quality cypress mulch bedding. If I remember correctly it is a little on the pricey side though.
  • 08-30-2011, 01:08 PM
    Aes_Sidhe
    Uhh cant Find It...

I found Zoo Med Forest Floor.. It looks Nice...and they have 24 qt bags... and Zoo Med have they table on White Plains show...

Anyone else would like to chip in ??

Much Appreciated....
  • 08-30-2011, 01:11 PM
    ballpythonluvr
    I have used the Zoomed Forest Floor before and I really liked it. Strangely enough, I can't find the other product I mentioned either, lol.
  • 08-30-2011, 01:28 PM
    Aes_Sidhe
    Mkay I found that http://serpenturf.com/ Thanks Christie :hug:

Anybody Have experience with that Stuff??
    Looks Nice little Lighter in color that Zoo Med but it is on pricey side 15.50 Sipped for 13 qt vs 16.99 plus shipping for Zoo Med 24 qt....

Hmm Hold on with Shipping 24qt from zoo med is 27.62$ against 31$ for 26 qt of this stuff.. not that big difference...

So Any Opinion on SerpenTurf ??
  • 08-30-2011, 01:36 PM
    ballpythonluvr
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Aes_Sidhe View Post
    Mkay I found that http://serpenturf.com/ Thanks Christie :hug:

Anybody Have experience with that Stuff??
    Looks Nice little Lighter in color that Zoo Med but it is on pricey side 15.50 Sipped for 13 qt vs 16.99 plus shipping for Zoo Med 24 qt....

Hmm Hold on with Shipping 24qt from zoo med is 27.62$ against 31$ for 26 qt of this stuff.. not that big difference...

So Any Opinion on SerpenTurf ??

You are very much welcome my friend!
  • 08-31-2011, 05:25 AM
    Aztec4mia
    Re: Cypress Mulch ???
    I'm using the zoomed right now,it serves it's purpose. I usually get it cheaper from a local store here that buys in bulk and separates it into smaller 24qt bags so it's like half the price as the zoomed stuff. they are selling some on kingsnake that are 2.5 cubic feet it's playground grade and it's double milled which makes it a little finer then having big chunks, the only problem is shipping to NY would cost more then the bag,lol.

The lighter color mulch you see in the pics on serpenturf is just dry cypress mulch, it will turn the dark brown color when it gets wet again.

sounds like a nice project, don't forget to post some pics when you finish decorating.
  • 08-31-2011, 10:22 AM
    Aes_Sidhe
    I believe I'll check prices of Zoomed on show.. They have big table on White Plains one.. Hopefully because is show and directly from them price will be better...

Thanks for Input Guys and Gals ;)