Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,170

1 members and 3,169 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable

breed what to my pastel?

Printable View

• 08-08-2011, 02:04 AM
    Ezekiel285
    breed what to my pastel?
    so I have a very young male pastel and im going to get a young female to breed later on down the road. im thinking a female pinstripe or spider. any ideas? I also kinda like the idea of an albino but don't know if I would get any good morphs from that and pastel.
  • 08-08-2011, 02:19 AM
    Kymberli
    It's all up to you! Personally, I love Bumble Bees so I'd go with a Spider. There's endless possibilities though. You can breed a Pastel to anything your heart desires! :)
  • 08-08-2011, 08:23 AM
    Ezekiel285
    Yea, a Spider was my first thought too :) everybody seems to want Bees right now.
    I was just wondering if there were any other cool pastel morphs out there that i may have overlooked.
  • 08-08-2011, 08:38 AM
    tcutting
    everyone does some type of bee. it was cool 4-5 years ago, well ok still cool now, but i would say mojave/lesser/butter. one of the 3 makes a cool snake. Or settle in for a long haul and go with a recessive trait of some type.
  • 08-08-2011, 09:42 AM
    llovelace
    Or a cinnamon :)
  • 08-08-2011, 10:00 AM
    Ezekiel285
    Going for a recessive trait seems a bit overwhelming to me right now, i may end up doing that later. I do like lessers though, thats another one i've considered. Wouldn't that just give me a pastel lesser (best case) though? The cinnamon is very tempting because i love pewters. This is such a tough decision, haha. I may end up getting two females. :D
  • 08-08-2011, 10:09 AM
    Kinra
    Re: breed what to my pastel?
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Ezekiel285 View Post
    Going for a recessive trait seems a bit overwhelming to me right now, i may end up doing that later. I do like lessers though, thats another one i've considered. Wouldn't that just give me a pastel lesser (best case) though? The cinnamon is very tempting because i love pewters. This is such a tough decision, haha. I may end up getting two females. :D

haha, you won't be able to stop at just two more! Ball Pythons are like potato chips, super addictive. :P

Personally, depending on your budget I would go with a lesser/butter or a bee. If you get a bee you have a shot at killer bees, super pastels, bees and pastels. A cinny or fire would be good too, pewters and fireflies are hot!
  • 08-08-2011, 10:21 AM
    Ezekiel285
    Yea i'm quickly realizing the addiction, i've spent too much time on this site already, haha.
    A bee is probably out of my budget for now, i really wish i could get one though because that would be a good clutch no matter what. I think i'm leaning towards a cinnamon at the moment. And maybe a spider after that. I think a pewter is my goal for now
  • 08-08-2011, 10:26 AM
    Kinra
    I don't think you can go wrong with a cinny. If you produce a male and female pewter you can breed the little boy back to mom and have a shot at silver bullet and you can breed the little girl back to dad and have a shot at sterlings. :D
  • 08-08-2011, 01:04 PM
    Ezekiel285
    Re: breed what to my pastel?
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Kinra View Post
    I don't think you can go wrong with a cinny. If you produce a male and female pewter you can breed the little boy back to mom and have a shot at silver bullet and you can breed the little girl back to dad and have a shot at sterlings. :D

can you breed them back to their parents like that? i assumed that wouldn't be a good idea but i haven't looked into it yet (mostly since i'm a long way from having to deal with that)