Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,886

2 members and 2,884 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma

Woma Python Breeder

Printable View

• 11-13-2013, 09:43 PM
    digizure
    Woma Python Breeder
    Hello, I know there are lots of woma python breeders out there but I'm looking for a someone with top quality babies. I have two female womas and they will be ready to breed next year. They're both high yellow and lavender with orange head/belly. I'm looking for a top notch male to breed with them. Can anyone refer me to a good breeder with high quality womas? Thanks.
  • 11-14-2013, 06:51 PM
    digizure
    Anyone?
  • 11-14-2013, 09:41 PM
    Skiploder
    Re: Woma Python Breeder
    Quote:

Originally Posted by digizure View Post
    Hello, I know there are lots of woma python breeders out there but I'm looking for a someone with top quality babies. I have two female womas and they will be ready to breed next year. They're both high yellow and lavender with orange head/belly. I'm looking for a top notch male to breed with them. Can anyone refer me to a good breeder with high quality womas? Thanks.

How do you define quality in a woma?

An animal that is true to locality type (unavailable in the U.S. despite what some people may claim)?

One that has been linebreed or selectively bred to enhance color., markings or other aesthetic properties?

One that has been casually bred with no regards to color?
  • 11-14-2013, 10:07 PM
    digizure
    Well, I see a lot of womas that are a little too dark for my taste. My womas has hint of purple, strong yellow and orange. I want to breed them with something similar.
  • 11-14-2013, 10:48 PM
    Skiploder
    Re: Woma Python Breeder
    Quote:

Originally Posted by digizure View Post
    Well, I see a lot of womas that are a little too dark for my taste. My womas has hint of purple, strong yellow and orange. I want to breed them with something similar.

So if it's visually pleasing it's a quality animal..............

If that's the case, I'd recommend checking out the kingsnake ads and see what's for sale. Pick something that looks good in a picture and buy it.
  • 11-14-2013, 11:00 PM
    digizure
    Yeah, I have been looking at Kingsnake and have not found a good male as of yet. Thought maybe someone here would know of a breeder that specializes in womas.
  • 11-17-2013, 10:25 AM
    reptileexperts
    Check out australian addictions. Justin usually breeds some of the best australian pythons, including womas. Sometimes Nick Mutton over at inland Reptiles has some, but its rare nowadays
  • 11-18-2013, 03:13 AM
    Alicia
    This probably won't be very helpful, but there's a fellow named Art over on the Morelia Python Forum . . . He appears to be working with some pretty gorgeous womas. PMing him on there might be worth a shot.