Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,958

0 members and 2,958 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
  • 05-03-2012, 02:24 PM
    DavidMundy
    NERD Genetic Certification?
    Hello, I recently purchased a 1.1 pair of 100% het clowns. These were the first hets I ever purchased or owned so I'm a little nervous about this deal. The owner who sold them to me told me they were purchased from NERD at a reptile show about a year ago. He sent me a picture of a signed genetic certification from NERD. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if this is legit or not. http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m...4/IMAG0220.jpg
  • 05-03-2012, 02:27 PM
    Cameron Lamb Exotics
    Try emailing nerd.
  • 05-03-2012, 02:30 PM
    Mike41793
    Why didnt he include that and why is he only sending you a pic instead?
  • 05-03-2012, 02:34 PM
    DavidMundy
    Re: NERD Genetic Certification?
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike41793 View Post
    Why didnt he include that and why is he only sending you a pic instead?

He was supposed to include it, we talked about that before I purchased them. But today when I got the snakes it wasn't in the box. I texted him and he responded saying his son forgot to include it and he will mail it to me.

I emailed NERD earlier but no reply yet. Idk if I'm just paranoid about this but I don't trust people to much and don't like getting screwed out of money.
  • 05-03-2012, 02:38 PM
    The Serpent Merchant
    This is from the nerd website... Doesn't look good:

Genetics are 100% guaranteed as described.:cens0r: Hets are sent with signed, authorized photo-ID documentation, and copies are retained here for future reference.

I don't see a picture.
  • 05-03-2012, 02:39 PM
    Freakie_frog
    I smell a fake..No NERD letter head. and the paper is to freshly crumpled. Look at the wording "You have acquired a pair of 100% NERD Ball pythons".. Double red alert genetic guarantee's 99.995% of the time are for individual animals, not groups. Also the wording of " this guarantee's that the snakes purchased are 100% heterozygous Clown and of genetic origin"

I'm smelling fishy all over this one.

I'm gunna shoot this to Andy and Kev and see what they say real quick.
  • 05-03-2012, 02:41 PM
    DavidMundy
    Quote:

Originally Posted by The Serpent Merchant View Post
    This is from the nerd website... Doesn't look good:

Genetics are 100% guaranteed as described.:cens0r: Hets are sent with signed, authorized photo-ID documentation, and copies are retained here for future reference.

I don't see a picture.

Thats exactly what I'm paranoid about. I read that earlier. I don't want to throw his name out there but he's on these forums and posted a shady thread about 2 months ago but I didn't discover this until earlier today. I'll send the link in a minute
  • 05-03-2012, 02:44 PM
    DavidMundy
    This is link to his fourm, and these are the exact snakes that he sent me. They are exactly alike.... http://ball-pythons.net/forums/showt...ify-this-MORPH
  • 05-03-2012, 02:49 PM
    The Serpent Merchant
    A snakes pattern is like a finger print. If you can match the pattern between the snakes you got and the ones in that thread then you have problems. I hope you didn't pay too much for these guys...
  • 05-03-2012, 02:49 PM
    Freakie_frog
    Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMundy View Post
    This is link to his fourm, and these are the exact snakes that he sent me. They are exactly alike.... http://ball-pythons.net/forums/showt...ify-this-MORPH

Looking at that I can almost 100% tell you that they are not het clowns..hope you didn't pay to much.. sorry.