Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,970

0 members and 2,970 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
  • 10-16-2013, 07:08 PM
    NYHC4LIFE8899
    Feeding my ball python fish
    Idk,someone mentioned to me about putting fish in his water bowl and he'd snatch them out and eat them,lol..idk maybe some snakes do this but would a ball python go fishing?? I'm curious
  • 10-16-2013, 07:26 PM
    satomi325
    Re: Feeding my ball python fish
    Maybe aquatic species or garter snakes will, but I doubt Ball Pythons will successfully catch a fish and eat it.
    Ball Pythons don't really go out to the watering hole to fish in Africa. Haha. Kind of an amusing thought though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  • 10-16-2013, 08:05 PM
    wolfayal
    Quote:

Originally Posted by satomi325 View Post
    Maybe aquatic species or garter snakes will, but I doubt Ball Pythons will successfully catch a fish and eat it.
    Ball Pythons don't really go out to the watering hole to fish in Africa. Haha. Kind of an amusing thought though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Does make for a rather amusing image, though. :p
  • 10-16-2013, 08:50 PM
    NH93
    I personally would never try that.
    I used to have piranhas and all 3 of them got very ill and died from store bought feeder gold fish.
    I know that turtles eat fish, but I wonder if they're bodies are more equiped to handling various fish diseases, or if that's just part of the risk. I don't know much about them as pets. I would just think if a snake didn't eat it in the wild it might not be a good thing to try.
  • 10-16-2013, 09:29 PM
    NYHC4LIFE8899
    Yeah,I had oscars and pacus back in the day and I fed them some gold fish and they all wound up with ick. No matter how much I tried n clean the tank one by one they all died.

i wasn't going to do it,it doesn't seem realistic,but was just wondering.
  • 10-16-2013, 10:14 PM
    jason79
    I had a checkered garter snake when I was a kid and it would eat fish out of the water bowl. I seriously doubt you would get a ball python to eat a fish though.
  • 10-18-2013, 03:29 AM
    Reinz
    Feeding my ball python fish
    I accidentally stepped on a 3 inch gecko in the once. I felt bad that it was still breathing, but could not move. I didn't want to toss it outside, so I put it in with my Adult BP. I came back in 10 minutes and it was gone! Must have been just a snack.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
  • 10-18-2013, 09:36 AM
    Rickys_Reptiles
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Reinz View Post
    I accidentally stepped on a 3 inch gecko in the once. I felt bad that it was still breathing, but could not move. I didn't want to toss it outside, so I put it in with my Adult BP. I came back in 10 minutes and it was gone! Must have been just a snack.

Your Ball Python ate a gecko? I find this terribly hard to believe.
  • 10-18-2013, 09:37 AM
    bcr229
    My baby garter snakes eat guppies from their water dishes. Once they're larger I'll switch them over to nightcrawlers, then mice pinkies. I don't know if a BP would do it though, fish are pretty cold and I thought BP's like their food warmer.
  • 10-18-2013, 09:55 AM
    Surrealle
    I was wondering about the temperature aspect of it too..

And, considering my baby bp's penchant for eating rats butt-first, I wouldn't trust her not to injure herself eating a fish backwards.