Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,901

0 members and 2,901 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
  • 10-18-2006, 03:18 AM
    -=Ice-T=-
    Feeding my ball python fish?
    Would it be possible to feed my ball python live fish, such as bettas or goldfish? I think it would be an interesting thing to watch a BP hunt a live fish. Has anyone heard of anyone attempting this before?

The way I see that it can be done is by having the BP's water bowl be deep enough to accomodate a fish and then just place the fish in the bowl. What do you guys think would happen?
  • 10-18-2006, 04:43 AM
    jknudson
    Re: Feeding my ball python fish?
    A ball python is not a garter snake....so nothing.;)
  • 10-18-2006, 07:16 AM
    lillyorchid
    BP's will not eat fish.
  • 10-18-2006, 07:31 AM
    sho220
    I would suggest rubbing the fish with a dead mouse to scent it first...This may help a little...;)
  • 10-18-2006, 07:35 AM
    slartibartfast
    Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Ice-T=-
    The way I see that it can be done is by having the BP's water bowl be deep enough to accomodate a fish and then just place the fish in the bowl. What do you guys think would happen?

You'd get fish poop in your snake's drinking water, and that's about all.
  • 10-18-2006, 07:36 AM
    jcaustralia
    Quote:

Would it be possible to feed my ball python live fish, such as bettas or goldfish? I think it would be an interesting thing to watch a BP hunt a live fish. Has anyone heard of anyone attempting this before?

are you serious?, why? i can only assume that a ball python whould not even know what a fish is,mainly because of their local. let alone you will probably need to cook it first for your snake to show any interest.
  • 10-18-2006, 07:54 AM
    joepythons
    Quote:

Your snake would never drink water and would die from dehydration.Hmm lets see your first post here is asking a question about whether or not a ball python will eat goldfish:confused: .Folks i think this might be someone trying to get something started here.Could a moderator compare IP to this user and the persons in that thread who said its ok to keep the white lip python and the escapee ball python together? If the IP does not match either user i apologize.
  • 10-18-2006, 08:31 AM
    Ginevive
    They need warm-blooded critters to eat; they pick up on the prey item's heat signal, and see it as a meal.
    This could really just be someone that was uninformed; I remember seeing BPs at Petco years ago w/ crickets in their cage; I didn't know any better and thought they were food.
  • 10-18-2006, 09:41 AM
    elevatethis
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jcaustralia
    let alone you will probably need to cook it first for your snake to show any interest.

So are you saying you have to cook mice and rats to get them to notice those as well? We're cooking prey items now?

:carrot:I miss the days of intelligent threads....
  • 10-18-2006, 09:42 AM
    jcaustralia
    i am refering to the fish, being cold blooded