Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,925

1 members and 2,924 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
  • 06-05-2013, 01:19 AM
    RissaEst
    Craigslist: What is this guy??
    Is it worth it?
    "2-3ft male ball python morph needs new home. Answers to "Fluffy". Unfortunately he is quite lazy and has no ambition to get a job or even do tricks. He's gentle with humans but very rough with mice and small rats. I've tried talking with him about this behavior but he won't open up. Comes with 20 long habitat w/cover and heat lamp. Water dish etc. also have a 10 gal feeding aquarium. Rehoming fee? Negotiable"

The guy claims it to be 2 years old, eats two mice every friday and he THINKS its a Mojave. He is positive it is a male (said he brought it into a snake vet). Wants $150.

Here is a picture
    http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c9...a/IMG_0376.jpg

EDIT: He would also driving 45 minutes to meet me half way, that's a lot of gas, especially with the prices in Washington!
  • 06-05-2013, 01:32 AM
    JaGv
    Re: Craigslist: What is this guy??
    Quote:

Originally Posted by RissaEst View Post
    Is it worth it?
    "2-3ft male ball python morph needs new home. Answers to "Fluffy". Unfortunately he is quite lazy and has no ambition to get a job or even do tricks. He's gentle with humans but very rough with mice and small rats. I've tried talking with him about this behavior but he won't open up.!

:rofl::rofl:

Im no expert but id say that's a Mojave. looks nice though. was he firm on price? try working something out.
  • 06-05-2013, 01:38 AM
    C&H Exotic Morphs
    Yeah definitely a Mojave.
    That add was too funny!
    $150 is a pretty good price for an adult male. Hatchling males are in the $100-150 range.
  • 06-05-2013, 01:46 AM
    RissaEst
    He isn't firm on his price. But he said that he is $250 deep and would LIKE $150. He's willing to drive and meet me, so I would be willing to give him some extra cash (probably could talk him down to $100) for the drive. Gas where I live is $3.75-$4.55 depending on the area. Figure it would be a nice gesture at least to give him his asking price in exchange for the drive.

Is he a decent Mojave? I'm not experienced with the morph.
  • 06-05-2013, 02:00 AM
    Daybreaker
    I would personally pass, he's not a mojo I'd pick up (for breeding purposes or otherwise). But get what you like! If you feel he's worth the drive and money then go for it.
  • 06-05-2013, 02:17 AM
    RissaEst
    I think I'll go on the drive and at least see him in person. It's terrible how inaccurate colors can be in photos. I'll try to get more pictures of him tomorrow!
  • 06-05-2013, 02:52 AM
    BoxOfRain
    I'm a newbie, but I believe the "Key hole" pattern vs. the normal "alien head" pattern makes it a Mojave. I like Mojaves. Plus, if you find a female Mojave/Lesser/Butter you could hatch out a BEL. It's a fair price for a nice snake. I end up driving at least an hour anytime I make a reptile related purchase, it would be awesome if someone would meet me halfway.
  • 06-05-2013, 03:10 AM
    RissaEst
    Quote:

Originally Posted by BoxOfRain View Post
    Plus, if you find a female Mojave/Lesser/Butter you could hatch out a BEL.

That's what I was thinking. I should be getting a Lesser from Ralph Davis in a month or two. I'm trying to establish my base morphs and figured a Mojave would be a good addition :)
  • 06-05-2013, 08:15 AM
    4theSNAKElady
    Instead of offering him more money for gas, why not offer $135-$140 flat? You could always resell the tank and recoup some investment lol..

Sent from my H866C using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2
  • 06-05-2013, 03:03 PM
    RissaEst