Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,927

3 members and 2,924 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable

Idea?

Printable View

• 02-19-2012, 08:13 AM
    ball-nut
    Idea?
    What if,
    On the morning the burm ban comes in, every willing burm, afrock, yellow Annie owner goes to the state line, and crosses it. Invite the media, tell everyone even the AR nuts. It would be the largest protest the world has ever seen and would be on the news in every nation of the world. Would they really arrest everyone with that much media interest going on, especially as they can't stop peaceful protests.
    Just a thought, commence flaming.

Sent from my phone, to the Internet, to your screen.
  • 02-19-2012, 10:12 AM
    dragonboy4578
    I don't know if that would really make the statement that we as the reptile community want to show. Would it show the public how ridiculous this new law is, or would it make it seem that we are the irresponsible deviants that the media likes to portray us as? Would they arrest us all with them media there? More than likely. It isn't like the media would be on our side anyhow. Personally I think it would be nothing more than another black eye for the reptile community.
  • 02-19-2012, 11:56 AM
    WingedWolfPsion
    A) It's too cold outside.
    B) They don't have to arrest everyone, just enough people to make their point...who's going to help those people pay the incredibly high cost?
    C) I don't think the general public is going to 'get it'.
  • 02-19-2012, 01:05 PM
    ball-nut
    Fair points, in the neural bin with that one lol.

Sent from my phone, to the Internet, to your screen.
  • 02-19-2012, 02:01 PM
    Slim
    Re: Idea?
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ball-nut View Post
    even the AR nuts

What do you mean by AR?
  • 02-19-2012, 03:57 PM
    dr del
    Hi,

From context I'd guess he meant Animal Rights.

dr del
  • 02-19-2012, 06:56 PM
    Slim
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dr del View Post
    From context I'd guess he meant Animal Rights.

Good point, I was thinking something else...glad I asked before sticking my whole foot in my mouth. Thanks, Del.
  • 02-19-2012, 07:13 PM
    sgath92
    The penalty for a lacey violation can be 5 years in federal prison iirc.

Then with everyone in prison HSUS could finally succeed in getting every state to pass a ban, given that no one would be left to fight it.
  • 02-19-2012, 07:40 PM
    Slim
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sgath92 View Post
    The penalty for a lacey violation can be 5 years in federal prison iirc.

These "Laws" are so badly worded, that no one is going to jail. Not if they have access to any lawyer with a an ability to pass the BAR.

In my opinion, the best thing that could happen would be for an attempted prosecution under one of these vauge laws. The courts would rip them from their frames.
  • 02-19-2012, 07:59 PM
    wolfy-hound
    You'd be asking people to risk a federal felony, and confiscation/possible euthanization of their pets, plus possible bad press about the "law-breaking type of people who own snakes" and the stress to the animals, all for the possibility that maybe we'd get good press out of it. Since the media is in HSUS/PETAs back pockets, I doubt it'd be shown as anything but a horror show put on by all the irresponsible freaks who own snakes and wanted to turn them loose on the innocent citizens of the US.