Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,360

1 members and 2,359 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable

Incubation temperatures

Printable View

• 06-28-2011, 08:00 PM
    R&DP
    Incubation temperatures
    What temp do you set your incubator at when incubating Corn snake eggs ?
    I tried something different this year. I normaly incubate corn eggs at 84 degrees, this time I put some corn snake egg boxes in with my Ball Python egg boxes set at 89 degrees. I have some of the biggest, healthest corns I have ever hatched. Is this just a fluke ? I have a clutch that hatched three weeks ago, incubated at 84 degrees and have now eaten twice, and the hatchlings that are hatching now are about the same size.
    I have been breeding Corn snakes since 05, so i'm not new at this just looking for some input. :snake:
  • 06-29-2011, 01:37 AM
    Blue Apple Herps
    I do mine at room temp; 78-80º. I lost a ton of clutches a few years back when my ac went out and temps spiked into mid 90s. They tolerate lower levels very well (I've heard of ppl incubating down into the high 60s with successful hatches. It takes longer for them to hatch, but they do).

So higher temps, such as bp egg temps they cannot tolerate very well. Even if you were able to incubate them at those temps, I wouldn't recommend it.
  • 06-29-2011, 07:07 AM
    R&DP
    Re: Incubation temperatures
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue Apple Herps View Post
    I do mine at room temp; 78-80º. I lost a ton of clutches a few years back when my ac went out and temps spiked into mid 90s. They tolerate lower levels very well (I've heard of ppl incubating down into the high 60s with successful hatches. It takes longer for them to hatch, but they do).

So higher temps, such as bp egg temps they cannot tolerate very well. Even if you were able to incubate them at those temps, I wouldn't recommend it.

I tried lower temps last year ( mid 70s), and lost four clutches. I had a lot of babies die in the egg full term. I know guys that don't use a incubator, they just put the egg boxes on a shelf and leave them alone.