Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,000

5 members and 2,995 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma

pastel pied

Printable View

• 07-23-2012, 09:45 AM
    hunter0443
    pastel pied
    hey guys how would i make a pastel pied.....sorry this may sound stupid..... but i went to the genitic wizzard thing and put in a female pied and a male pastel and it did not come out as a pastel pied
  • 07-23-2012, 09:50 AM
    elduki
    You need to put pastel and pied. The babies will be pastel het pied. You take one of the babies preferably the male since it matures faster and breed it back to Mom. Good luck
  • 07-23-2012, 09:51 AM
    Stewart_Reptiles
    Each animal needs to carry the pied gene so to produce a pastel pied you can pair the followings

Pastel het pied to het pied
    Pastel het pied to pied
    Super pastel het pied to het pied
    Super pastel het pied to pied

By breeding a pastel to a pied all you will hatch are pastel het pieds and het pieds!
  • 07-23-2012, 09:52 AM
    joebad976
    Female Pied X Male Pastel Het Pied

In the genetic wizard, you have to select pastel and het pied
  • 07-23-2012, 09:52 AM
    MikeM75
    Re: pastel pied
    To get the Pastel Pied you can do it a couple different ways.

1. Pastel Het Pied bred to Pied
    2. Pastel Het Pied bred to Het Pied
    3. Pastel Het Pied bred to Pastel Het Pied
    4. Super Pastel Het Pied bred to Pied
    5. Super Pastel Het Pied bred to Het Pied
    and so on and so on.

Just depends on what you have, and how big of an odds game you want to play.
  • 07-23-2012, 11:04 PM
    angllady2
    Pied is recessive, so both parents must carry the gene for it to show visually in the young.

So no, if you breed a pied to a pastel, you won't get any pastel pieds. You will get pastels and normals het for pied. If you have a female pied, then you can keep one of her pastel het pied sons and breed him back to his mom the following year, and then you have a shot at the pastel pied.

Gale
  • 07-23-2012, 11:08 PM
    moonlightgdess
    In the same line, what about double recessives? Like axanthic pied?
  • 07-23-2012, 11:19 PM
    angllady2
    To make an axanthic pied, both parents must carry axanthic and pied. It is a very long set of odds, which is why there aren't many yet. Let me break it down a little for you, if I may. Lets say you start out basic, a visual axanthic to a visual pied. You hatch out normals that are double hets. You breed two of them together, and you still only have a 1 in 16 shot at hitting the double visual.

Your best odds are to breed either two axanthic het pieds or two pieds het axanthic, those give you a 1 in 4 shot. But these combinations are hard to come by. Same thing for albino pieds, ghost pieds, caramel pieds, clown pieds, any of the recessive genes.

Gale