Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,792

1 members and 2,791 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable

Do snakes fart?

Printable View

• 09-20-2007, 07:38 PM
    MelissaFlipski
    Do snakes fart?
    I was holding Mr. Snake last night, and he was slithering up and over my finger. This was putting some pressure on his belly, similar to a massage, and when my finger was 3/4 the way down his body, maybe slightly more, I heard a small pop.

Did he fart? Or did I participate in snake chiropractics? I didn't actually smell anything... but he did do a small poop between last night and this morning.

Just trying to keep it lively, folks. ;)
  • 09-20-2007, 07:49 PM
    Kennyxemerson
    Re: Do snakes fart?
    hahahahahahahahahahaha

good question :D

maybe he/she was hissing?
  • 09-20-2007, 07:50 PM
    invadertoast
    I witnessed my first snake fart a couple years ago while I had my bp in the bathtub for a soak She stretched way out, got into "periscope" mode and lifted her tail up at the same time.... alot of bubbles and a very loud fart followed. I almost died laughing!
  • 09-20-2007, 09:31 PM
    MelissaFlipski
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Kennyxemerson
    maybe he/she was hissing?

Nah, not a hiss. A small pop. Like a fart or a rib cracking.
  • 09-20-2007, 09:32 PM
    MelissaFlipski
    Quote:

Originally Posted by invadertoast
    I witnessed my first snake fart a couple years ago while I had my bp in the bathtub for a soak She stretched way out, got into "periscope" mode and lifted her tail up at the same time.... alot of bubbles and a very loud fart followed. I almost died laughing!

Wow! That would've won the ATV $100K. Too bad you didn't get it on tape. Surely, a moment you will never forget.
  • 09-20-2007, 09:35 PM
    krazi0469
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MelissaFlipski
    Nah, not a hiss. A small pop. Like a fart or a rib cracking.

could it have been part of his food??? b/c that happend to me once... about 1 or 2 days after i fed mine
    ... i did the same thing you did... and i felt a pop... i dont know but it was werid
  • 09-20-2007, 10:13 PM
    MelissaFlipski
    Quote:

Originally Posted by krazi0469
    could it have been part of his food??? b/c that happend to me once... about 1 or 2 days after i fed mine
    ... i did the same thing you did... and i felt a pop... i dont know but it was werid

There did seem to be a tiny (slightly larger than a pea) bump in him near that spot. But he had eaten 96 hours or more before. Maybe...?
  • 09-20-2007, 11:10 PM
    MarkS
    But, snakes don't even have a finger to pull. :fart::fart::fart::fart::fart:
  • 09-20-2007, 11:21 PM
    Swingline0.0.1
    Yes, it's true... mine did it when I was soaking him once!

I didn't really hear much (kind of muffled from being underwater), but there were some bubbles! I didn't really take a whiff either! :O
  • 09-20-2007, 11:42 PM
    Hammo
    When Nap farts, it wakes me up at night. He'll do it 2 or 3 times too, And he doesn't even poop. Hahaha.