Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,616

2 members and 1,614 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,092
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero

What morph should I get

Printable View

• 08-23-2011, 12:31 AM
    M_MULLINS
    What morph should I get
    In the next month or two I plan on getting 3 bp's to start my collection back up, I know for sure im getting a bumble bee & a mojave but im not sure what the third one will be. Im looking for another double or possibly 3 gene snake that costs no more than $900. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
  • 08-23-2011, 03:16 AM
    Gto_402
    How about getting a killer bee male instead of a bumblebee. I favor mojave over most any other morphs so you can't go wrong there! Spinners are nice too when paired with lessers/mojave/pastel genes. They all produce beautiful combos. Good luck!
  • 08-23-2011, 03:25 AM
    EverEvolvingExotics
    Re: What morph should I get
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Gto_402 View Post
    How about getting a killer bee male instead of a bumblebee. I favor mojave over most any other morphs so you can't go wrong there! Spinners are nice too when paired with lessers/mojave/pastel genes. They all produce beautiful combos. Good luck!

If you can find a killer bee for $900 it is going to be the worst quality anyone has ever seen...

You might be able to find a package deal for a pastel ghost and a yellow belly pastel for $900 to $1200. I wouldn't worry about a male at this point since it will take them three or more years to get up to size.
  • 08-23-2011, 03:41 AM
    seang89
    Bumble bee female
    Mojave female
    Pastel Lesser male

That group would have some awesome potential

Just from Pastel lesser x Bumble Bee

6.25% Normal
    12.5% Pastel
    6.25% Lesser
    6.25% Spider
    12.5% Bumble Bee
    12.5% Lesser Pastel
    6.25% Super Pastel
    6.25% Lesser Bee
    12.5% Queen Bee
    6.25% Killer Bee
    6.25% Lesser Super Pastel
    6.25% Killer Queen

Pastel lesser x Mojave would give you shots at BELs, Pastel BELs, Pastel Lessers, Pastel Mojaves, Pastels, and normals. With pretty much same precentages as above.

Just what I'd do :gj:
  • 08-23-2011, 10:53 AM
    Ladybugzcrunch
    What ever you do get all females :gj: Trust us, in 2-3 years that it takes those females to get to breeding size, you will have many more snakes. There is much time to buy a male....I wish I would have waited to buy my males because they are ready and my females still have over a year to go!
  • 08-23-2011, 01:01 PM
    M_MULLINS
    Re: What morph should I get
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Ladybugzcrunch View Post
    What ever you do get all females :gj: Trust us, in 2-3 years that it takes those females to get to breeding size, you will have many more snakes. There is much time to buy a male....I wish I would have waited to buy my males because they are ready and my females still have over a year to go!

That's how I screwed up last time. I ended up having too many males & not nearly enough females.
  • 08-23-2011, 11:55 PM
    Sugarbone
    Load up on females because by the time they're breeding size, you will have more money for a sweet male, the male you want may have gotten cheaper, and/or your breedings plans may have changed.
  • 08-24-2011, 12:04 AM
    nick_kennedy25
    I'd get a firefly.