Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 946

3 members and 943 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
  • 04-29-2012, 11:25 AM
    SpartaDog
    If you don't want to spend the $400 - 600 on a bee right now, you could always make your own. You can get a male spider and a female pastel for under $300, maybe even less. Breed them to get a bumblebee, then trade the non-bee siblings for another morph you like and breed that one to your bee.

It's more a long-term plan, but it would be fun. And it could be a cool learning experience for your son, if he's old enough and has the interest.
  • 04-29-2012, 11:28 AM
    KrazyKevin
    He does have the intrest and he likes the Bees
  • 04-30-2012, 01:51 AM
    BFE Pets
    Re: OK planning for the future
    Quote:

Originally Posted by KrazyKevin View Post
    Thanks Dr. and M&H , I have a feeling also once my wife gets( her )own snake this could get out of hand lol as then I will say hey you know what I want to get myself one :D

everyone in here is giving great advice in my oppinion. all i can add to it is: my wife and 3 daughters were terrified of snakes 2 years ago. they got me a normal for fathers day and now WE have 40+ morphs and hets and all of the ladies have their own personal pets on top of my breeders. lol it does go quick. If you are saving money and trying to pitch that to the wife you may want to check out royal constrictor designs. he has pairs and groups that he sells at a discount. as do other breeders. you can also find some good deals on kingsnake. what ever morph you guide her toward you may want to nudge her toward getting the female first that way if you dont get your male til next year her female will be well on its way to breeding size as its not uncommon to get your male up to par in under a year. good luck and happy herping!