Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,849

4 members and 3,845 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,537
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg

Lemonback and Fire

Printable View

• 04-18-2012, 11:06 AM
    ClarkT
    Lemonback and Fire
    Does anyone know if the Lemonback is compatible with the Fire to make black eyed lucy?
  • 04-18-2012, 11:08 AM
    snakesRkewl
    Lemonbacks are fires just like goblins are yellowbelly's :)
  • 04-18-2012, 11:14 AM
    Royal Hijinx
    Agreed. From my understanding; Lemonbacks, Flame Hypos and Fires are all lines of the same morph. Sulfer may be in that group as well.
  • 04-18-2012, 02:42 PM
    ClarkT
    That's what I thought, but just wanted to make sure.
    Thanks
  • 04-18-2012, 04:03 PM
    OhhWatALoser
    When did lemonbacks and fires get proven compatible? I always suspected they would be, but as far as I know its never been proven.
  • 04-18-2012, 06:59 PM
    snakesRkewl
    Re: Lemonback and Fire
    Quote:

Originally Posted by OhhWatALoser View Post
    When did lemonbacks and fires get proven compatible? I always suspected they would be, but as far as I know its never been proven.

Is there really any doubt?
  • 04-18-2012, 07:13 PM
    OhhWatALoser
    Quote:

Originally Posted by snakesRkewl View Post
    Is there really any doubt?

Well I would of also expected the 3 lines of axanthic and some of the caramel albino stuff to all be compatible also but its not. Sulfurs seem to throw very orange BlkEL, fires mostly throw ones with some color, but I've never seen a super lemonback have any color. It's enough were I wouldn't start calling it fact and just say we don't know for sure.... because we don't.
  • 04-18-2012, 07:34 PM
    Royal Hijinx
    Flame Hypos also throw pure white BkELs.

It seems they may be related similarly to how the genes on the YB complex are with the Fire types (Fire, Flame, Sulfer, LB) more like the YB and the Vanilla (Vanilla and Disco) types more like the Specter, Gravel etc... if that makes sense.
  • 04-18-2012, 09:57 PM
    snakesRkewl
    Specters and gravels while on the same allele as a yellowbelly have their own super form, so the comparison doesn't work :confused:
  • 04-18-2012, 10:29 PM
    Royal Hijinx
    Quote:

Originally Posted by snakesRkewl View Post
    Specters and gravels while on the same allele as a yellowbelly have their own super form, so the comparison doesn't work :confused:

It does because Vanilla and Disco have different super form that is not BkEL and not Vanilla Cream. Also there really do not seem to be enough Supers of Gravel, Specter etc... to really say it is not an animal to animal variation.

Even then the comparison gets the point across that the BkEL complex may act in a similar fashion to the YB complex.