Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,113

0 members and 3,113 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma

New pickup - problem

Printable View

• 04-17-2012, 04:29 PM
    h00blah
    New pickup - problem
    So I picked up a clown girl (surprise), but the box had no indication of a live reptile, and when I pulled her out, I saw that she had rubbed her nose raw. Pics below..

The guy, who will remain anonymous (if you know who it is, please do not reveal his identity), said he did not see any blood on her nose when he shipped her, however he recognized that she could have rubbed her nose..

I have the option to ship her back, but the vet said it should heal up fine. I thought the worst (mouth rot or something) but it ended up being just a rough rub. What would you do? I really want her.. She's perfect in every other way. She's sweet, curious, and obviously well-fed! She's in her tub right now resting from the stress of the trip + vet visit. I think I'm going to keep her... What would you do? I know a lot of you guys have kept snakes that came with mites.

Nose rub:
    http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/...s/b31037b1.jpg

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/...s/2e7c98cb.jpg

Box pics:
    Bottom of box:
    http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/...s/a0cb41eb.jpg

Top of box:
    http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/...s/71315242.jpg
  • 04-17-2012, 04:36 PM
    Royal Hijinx
    That should clear up nicely. How was she packaged inside the box? Is the seller helping cover at least part of the vet bill?
  • 04-17-2012, 04:40 PM
    The Serpent Merchant
    I would keep her, but I wouldn't do business with this guy again, not labeling the box correctly can be a fatal oversight...
  • 04-17-2012, 04:42 PM
    h00blah
    Re: New pickup - problem
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx667 View Post
    That should clear up nicely. How was she packaged inside the box? Is the seller helping cover at least part of the vet bill?

She was packaged nicely inside. Insulation, heat pad, and crumpled papers. She wasn't cold and the heat pad was still warm. The fedex guy who usually drops off packages didn't know there was a reptile in there so he was just walking up to my doorstep waving his hand with the box under his arm sideways while he starts checking off the delivery.. He refused to pay for a vet bill. He suggested just shipping her straight back instead of taking it to a vet that he doesn't know.
  • 04-17-2012, 04:45 PM
    h00blah
    Re: New pickup - problem
    Quote:

Originally Posted by The Serpent Merchant View Post
    I would keep her, but I wouldn't do business with this guy again, not labeling the box correctly can be a fatal oversight...

I agree. Sucks that this happened but hopefully she'll overcome it easily and with minimal stress :oops:
  • 04-17-2012, 04:45 PM
    DooLittle
    That sucks. I would not do business with that guy again. However, if it will heal fine and you really want her, keep her and just move forward. Poor baby.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
  • 04-17-2012, 04:47 PM
    Enigmatic Reptiles
    That person you purchased from doesnt sound like someone worth doing business with again for sure. Anyone can package nicely (only half done right in this case), but not following through with ensuring health and satisfaction are guaranteed is a show of his character. As far as her rub it will heal just fine. Keep an eye on it to ensure infection or further lesions occur. Give her a little more time than normal to offer feed as well.
  • 04-17-2012, 04:52 PM
    ExotixTowing
    The seller should be ashamed !!

Keep her and don't do any business with him again.
    He should of come good for the vet bill either way
  • 04-17-2012, 04:57 PM
    h00blah
    The vet didn't give me any antibiotics. She said it'll be fine and heal up nicely, but the vet visit itself is like 50 bucks. I believe it has more to do with the principle of the situation than the money. I hope if I sell reptiles in the future, I'll offer better customer service... I e-mailed him about the odd look the nose had in the photos in the ad, but he didn't respond. When I asked about that, he said he DID respond, however his PC crashed or froze or something...
  • 04-17-2012, 05:08 PM
    Slim
    Keep a little Betadine on that and it should heal right up. You won't even notice it after a shed or two.

Anyone who ships a reptile in the manner in which your snake was shipped would never hear from me again. It's not that hard or that expensive to secure a proper box and label it correctly.

I hope this breeder is a member here and I hope they learn something from this thread.