Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,907

1 members and 2,906 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma

Macklots python

Printable View

• 10-03-2008, 03:30 PM
    Ballpython2
    Macklots python
    i posted a thread in the wrong section about wanting some more information on these snakes what is a Liasis? i dont know exactly what that is and the difference between "General pythons".

So what i read was the only down side to these snakes is that they are very nippy up until the first year or so. other wise these are great snakes.

snakes I have experience with up to now is ball pythons, rainbow brazilian boas and regular boa constrictors and kings snakes

And im ready to move up to pythons just not rocks, retics or burmese.....am i on the right track?
  • 10-03-2008, 04:02 PM
    PythonWallace
    Re: Macklots python
    Macklott's pythons make great pets. They only get 7'-9', and they aren't heavy bodied snakes. They are nippy as babies, but with regular handling they calm down nicely after the first 6-12 months. That is common for most python species. Mine had a great feeding response and took f/t medium rats with no problems, and was my favorite pet.
  • 10-03-2008, 05:37 PM
    Ballpython2
    Quote:

Originally Posted by PythonWallace View Post
    Macklott's pythons make great pets. They only get 7'-9', and they aren't heavy bodied snakes. They are nippy as babies, but with regular handling they calm down nicely after the first 6-12 months. That is common for most python species. Mine had a great feeding response and took f/t medium rats with no problems, and was my favorite pet.

any online breeders?
  • 10-04-2008, 06:09 PM
    Thor26
    lll reptile has some =P
  • 10-05-2008, 06:33 PM
    sg1trogdor
    Quote:

Originally Posted by PythonWallace View Post

I dont hold that against any snake. Most are nippy as babies and In my experience some of the more aggressive snakes are actually my most docile. I am speaking of my sumatran blood everyone I have spoke to about him are always like omg good luck with that one. I have found every snake is different and most are nippy as babies but with handling can all/most calm down. I was actually looking for a mack a while back but couldnt find any. I would not count any animal out without judging for yourself. I would recommend trying to find one locally so you could go and physically pick it up and tests its personality. My most aggressive snake is actually a RTB which are always classified as very docile. Once again its up to the individuual snake.
  • 12-20-2008, 01:41 PM
    janeothejungle
    Quote:

what is a Liasis?
    Liasis is the Genus for this group of pythons. They are all kissing cousins, as it were (phylogenetically speaking).

Olive Python - Liasis olivaceus
    Macklot's Python - Liasis mackloti
    Brown Water Python - Liasis fuscus

This genus used to include d'alberts, and a few others as well, that have since been moved to their own genera

etc, etc......

~Kat
  • 12-28-2008, 12:43 AM
    catawhat75
    Found an older pic of my girl. Please excuse the rat bite- it was from her previous owner. Healed nicely but will always have that scar...sigh...

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/f...what/Bizzy.jpg
  • 12-28-2008, 12:16 PM
    janeothejungle
    Veeery Nice!! Good lookin Girl!

Cheers,
    Kat
  • 12-28-2008, 12:56 PM
    catawhat75
    Thanks! She was getting ready to shed in that pic, she is usually alot lighter. I do adore her, she is the most awesome snake.