Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,203

2 members and 3,201 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable

Do bearded dragons jump

Printable View

• 11-02-2010, 05:57 PM
    Marc from CT
    Do bearded dragons jump
    i have a 40 gallon take with a few rocks a cave and one climb branch that go have way up the take and was wondering if my B.D. would jump out .if i have to i will get a screen top..thanks
  • 11-02-2010, 06:07 PM
    Herp Hugger
    Re: Do bearded dragons jump
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc from CT View Post
    i have a 40 gallon take with a few rocks a cave and one climb branch that go have way up the take and was wondering if my B.D. would jump out .if i have to i will get a screen top..thanks

Yes, a Bearded Dragon can jump. You should get a screen for the top of your cage. Also, how big is your dragon? A 40 Gallon tank is small for an adult dragon. If you don't have a screen on top how are you heating the cage? Do you use belly heat? Most folks I know use heat lamps for beardies that they set on the screen above the cage. Just wonderin' ....
  • 11-02-2010, 06:11 PM
    Beardedragon
    LOL, they can and WILL jump! For such fat little things they can surprise you. My Beardie Nugget somehow managed to jump about a foot high and landed perfectly on the ledge of his tank and chilled there until I came and got him.
  • 11-02-2010, 06:19 PM
    Marc from CT
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Herp Hugger View Post
    Yes, a Bearded Dragon can jump. You should get a screen for the top of your cage. Also, how big is your dragon? A 40 Gallon tank is small for an adult dragon. If you don't have a screen on top how are you heating the cage? Do you use belly heat? Most folks I know use heat lamps for beardies that they set on the screen above the cage. Just wonderin' ....

I have two heat lamps that are on stands...He is an adult ..would a 55 do i have one on hand but i couldnt go bigger than that i just dont have the room
  • 11-02-2010, 06:24 PM
    dembonez
    you should always have a top beardies can be amazing climbers if they want to be and they can jump aswell so just for another safeguard i HIGHLY recommend a lid for your cage
  • 11-02-2010, 07:57 PM
    alexOATH
    Oh they can be fantastic little acrobats, my beardie would always somehow manage to jump up to the underside of his screen lid and climb upside down across it.
  • 11-03-2010, 12:40 AM
    BPelizabeth
    Oh yes they are quite the jumpers.....lol....and make sure that you top is secured as they will push it up as well. Crazy lil lizards....OMG I so love them.
  • 11-03-2010, 10:36 AM
    Marc from CT
    I must say i'm a snake so when my buddy asked me if i want one i said what the heck why not.Right away the kids fell in love with him and the kicker was when my wife who's not to fond of snakes also fell in love with him...right then i knew he would become part of our family..I must say he is pretty cool..thanks all
  • 11-03-2010, 11:03 AM
    jfreels
    I use one of the screens that folds in half. All things that the beardies can climb on are under that part. They jump pretty good, but I have not had one escape by keeping just the back half screened (that's where the lights are).
  • 11-03-2010, 09:20 PM
    BPelizabeth
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc from CT View Post
    I must say i'm a snake so when my buddy asked me if i want one i said what the heck why not.Right away the kids fell in love with him and the kicker was when my wife who's not to fond of snakes also fell in love with him...right then i knew he would become part of our family..I must say he is pretty cool..thanks all

That is awesome....I too never wanted one however my son did. After a couple of weeks....Oh geez I fell head over heals