Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,101

2 members and 3,099 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable

Woma vs Hidden Gene Woma

Printable View

• 11-08-2010, 08:56 AM
    Serpents_Den
    Woma vs Hidden Gene Woma
    I understand they're two different morphs BUT what are the key characteristics to distinguish by appearance a Woma from a Hidden Gene Woma?

I’ve looked at both and can’t tell one from the other. :confused:
  • 11-08-2010, 09:21 AM
    mainbutter
    Re: Woma vs Hidden Gene Woma
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Serpents_Den View Post
    I understand they're two different morphs BUT what are the key characteristics to distinguish by appearance a Woma from a Hidden Gene Woma?

I’ve looked at both and can’t tell one from the other. :confused:

From the VERY few I've seen, HG womas are a bit busier-patterned.. however, your dilemma is the exact reason that HG womas were thought to be womas from the get-go. They just look very similar.

The only real way to tell is to know the parents.
  • 11-08-2010, 12:20 PM
    Aes_Sidhe
    They are so close in Appearance that in my Eyes impossible to say witch one is witch.

You best bet is Buying from Nerd.

If Kevin say is a hidden gene.. it is :D:D:D
  • 11-09-2010, 04:26 AM
    bones93
    This actually brings me back to something I was thinking about...If you breed a HG woma are all the womas in the clutch going to be Hidden gene? Is this something that always carries over?
  • 11-09-2010, 06:29 AM
    Serpents_Den
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bones93 View Post
    This actually brings me back to something I was thinking about...If you breed a HG woma are all the womas in the clutch going to be Hidden gene? Is this something that always carries over?

The answer to those questions is yes and yes.
  • 11-10-2010, 04:17 AM
    bones93
    Cool, Thanks for the answer to that. Now if only I could get my hands on one!
  • 11-10-2010, 08:25 AM
    saskia
    Could it be that a hidden gene woma is a woma from a platty daddy x woma breeding??

Because that is the only thing that makes sense to me because you need to pair the hidden gene woma to a lesser hidden gene to get a soul sucker ?? That would make the soul sucker a plattywoma??

or am I very wrong here??
  • 11-10-2010, 09:04 AM
    AaronP
    Quote:

Originally Posted by saskia View Post
    Could it be that a hidden gene woma is a woma from a platty daddy x woma breeding??

Because that is the only thing that makes sense to me because you need to pair the hidden gene woma to a lesser hidden gene to get a soul sucker ?? That would make the soul sucker a plattywoma??

or am I very wrong here??

No Because a HGW is a Co-Dominant animal of its own, it is not a combo.

From the ones I've seen HGWs tend to be a lot busier and brighter gold.
  • 11-10-2010, 01:31 PM
    harbor reptiles
    Here's the picture link to one I just hatched out. The pic is crappy but you get the idea.

http://gallery.pethobbyist.com/data/...0005-1-med.JPG
  • 11-10-2010, 02:22 PM
    BAMReptiles
    its been discussed and brought up over and over

the hg woma has no hidden gene, its just a woma looking morph that reacts differently with other mutations

there is no relation to the woma morph, other than the appearance

it is not a woma with extra genes

woma is dominant, bhb has produced super womas that look like womas

hg woma is incomplete dom, the super form is the pearl which from what i have understood, in the past hasn't lived more than a year or so. although, i have heard of some recently that were living longer (possibly from extensive out-crossing)

i think that pretty much covers it