Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,941

0 members and 2,941 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
  • 04-18-2012, 05:06 PM
    SeeTheCityLights
    Snake collar/harness/leash?
    I was talking to a lady at the pet store yesterday about snakes, and she said she saw some people walking ball pythons and burmese pythons on the beach, on collars and leashes. Do they really make those for snakes? Do they work? If so, where can I find them? I just want to see what they look like :P
  • 04-18-2012, 05:15 PM
    Inarikins
    How the heck would you keep a collar on a snake?! Putting a tube of fabric on a cylindrical, soft, moving animal with no limbs doesn't seem like it would work very well.
  • 04-18-2012, 05:19 PM
    Royal Hijinx
    I think someone was pulling your leg.
  • 04-18-2012, 05:19 PM
    Mike41793
    I think she was yankin your chain lol...
  • 04-18-2012, 05:20 PM
    MJT_23
    Re: Snake collar/harness/leash?
    I don't believe that story at all.. Like the above said putting it on a cylindrical animal with nothing to stop it from moving. It would have to be tied very tight for the leash to keep a grip on it. I'm pretty sure any snake would hate that.
  • 04-18-2012, 05:20 PM
    KrazyKevin
    Lmbo this.just sounds funny I think pet shop.person smoked some good stuff lol
  • 04-18-2012, 05:22 PM
    dr del
    Re: Snake collar/harness/leash?
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SeeTheCityLights View Post
    I was talking to a lady at the pet store yesterday about snakes, and she said she saw some people walking ball pythons and burmese pythons on the beach, on collars and leashes. Do they really make those for snakes? Do they work? If so, where can I find them? I just want to see what they look like :P

Was she wearing a tie-dyed shirt and saying "maaaaan" a lot?

I suspect the 60's may have been unkind to her.

:cool:
  • 04-18-2012, 05:34 PM
    wolfy-hound
    Besides the difficulty of putting a collar on a snake, and the resulting thrashing panic of said snake...

How would anyone "walk" a python? Have you seen them moving on the ground? You'd take a single step every five minutes!

I've seen leashes advertised for reptiles/snakes, but never yet seen one in use that wasn't a disaster.

She was full of it.
  • 04-18-2012, 05:59 PM
    Jeo123
    It was probably an idea developed by the same person who came up with the gerbil shirt:

http://images.businessweek.com/ss/09..._patents/4.htm
  • 04-18-2012, 06:10 PM
    Slim
    I'm convinced that there's some kind of mechanism under the threshold of every pet store that removes common sense as you cross into the building...especially when it comes to snakes.

I've heard more stupid snake myths, rumors, lies, half-truths, and misinformation in pet stores by both pet store workers and regular bystanders than any other single place I've ever been...and keep in mind, I was raised in the Panhandle of Florida where half the people wanted to handle snakes to get them closer to The Lord, and the other half thought putting hemp rope around your camp site would keep snakes out...