Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,134

0 members and 3,134 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
  • 02-06-2011, 07:22 AM
    reptile_republic
    Re: How long will i wait to cut my ball pthon egg
    the reason why I raise this topic was i had saw in youtube regarding drowning and regarding of coiled umbilical cord in the snake, Iam not so selfish or unfair or impatience in planing this type. maybe Ill just wait until the first baby has pipped it's own egg. Thanks to all who had comment. more power...
  • 02-06-2011, 01:29 PM
    SlitherinSisters
    I would definitely wait till the first pips. Once you are more experienced you can decided from there!

For those that cut really early how do you keep them from getting nasty/moldy?
  • 02-06-2011, 02:36 PM
    Subdriven
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SlitherinSisters View Post
    I would definitely wait till the first pips. Once you are more experienced you can decided from there!

Like I said in a earlier post, I will not be cutting that early aggain, and i cut the top off to make it evn worse.. ( first time and being stupid). But I ended up always having to pick up the egg and a littel squeeze and wipeing of the top to get that top section of nastyness off. it was a disaster.. ALL of them ( (8 of 8) survived, but it was alot more work on my side jsut for freaking out and being impatent. I actualy had to add water to a few to keep them moist... :(

Never again that early!!
  • 02-06-2011, 05:00 PM
    BAD Morphs
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SlitherinSisters View Post

Well for one, you don't cut the top completely off, you leave a flap there so it can be opened and shut. And yeah the goo does get a little gook in it but a few swirls of a q tip every now and then and your golden ;)
  • 02-06-2011, 07:13 PM
    SlitherinSisters
    Quote:

Originally Posted by BAD Morphs View Post
    Well for one, you don't cut the top completely off, you leave a flap there so it can be opened and shut. And yeah the goo does get a little gook in it but a few swirls of a q tip every now and then and your golden ;)

Ok I wondered. Last year I cut a little slit in mine on day 54/55 and they got nasty right away. I'm not cutting until the first pips this year! Maybe some day I'll cut early, but it's not as easy as people make it out to be :gj:
  • 02-06-2011, 11:13 PM
    reptile_republic
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Subdriven View Post
    Like I said in a earlier post, I will not be cutting that early aggain, and i cut the top off to make it evn worse.. ( first time and being stupid). But I ended up always having to pick up the egg and a littel squeeze and wipeing of the top to get that top section of nastyness off. it was a disaster.. ALL of them ( (8 of 8) survived, but it was alot more work on my side jsut for freaking out and being impatent. I actualy had to add water to a few to keep them moist... :(

Never again that early!!

thank for your suggestion....
  • 02-07-2011, 12:21 AM
    jjmitchell
    I plan on cutting on the first pip or day 60 whichever comes first.....
  • 07-15-2011, 03:12 PM
    zoologist
    Sorry to bring back an old thread, but has anyone waited longer than 60 days? The reason I ask is I have 13 eggs in the incubator on day 60 that are dimpled, but no pips. Should I cut or wait longer?
  • 07-15-2011, 04:36 PM
    Jessica Loesch
    Quote:

Originally Posted by zoologist View Post
    Sorry to bring back an old thread, but has anyone waited longer than 60 days? The reason I ask is I have 13 eggs in the incubator on day 60 that are dimpled, but no pips. Should I cut or wait longer?

what temp?
  • 07-15-2011, 04:41 PM
    zoologist
    89 Deg