Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,173

4 members and 1,169 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
  • 02-15-2011, 12:40 AM
    psi_mike
    Is my ball python a morph... PLEASE HELP im new
  • 02-15-2011, 12:43 AM
    771subliminal
    looks like a really nice normal to me.

if you didnt buy it as a morph most times its not
  • 02-15-2011, 12:43 AM
    LizardPants
    Looks normal to me, but very nice.
  • 02-15-2011, 12:49 AM
    psi_mike
    Re: Is my ball python a morph... PLEASE HELP im new
    the issue is i took it to a different pet store today that carries only rare animals and he had some regular and morph ball pythons and mine was 10 times brighter and even he said mine had a nice rare golden color. the shop i got mine from said she thinks it was from a pastel experiment and was 1 of the darker 1s so the sold it as a normal..
  • 02-15-2011, 12:56 AM
    kitedemon
    'Normal' has a large range of variations alien heads with spots, no spots, dark ones and light ones all normal. Yours is quite bright and a great heathy looking snake. the bright yellow back stripes are quite striking. Who cares if it is a normal or not, it is a good looking animal and seems quite healthy and he is yours. They are all unique, no two are exactly alike.
  • 02-15-2011, 01:03 AM
    Carlene16
    Normal for sure :) Very beautiful! Normals range so greatly in color, I have four myself and each are SO different from the other.
  • 02-15-2011, 01:04 AM
    psi_mike
    im just thinking about breeding her and it would help if i could tell what i would get. I love her so much and i dont care other than for that reason to me she is more beautiful than any ive seen
  • 02-15-2011, 01:38 AM
    don15681
    Quote:

Originally Posted by psi_mike View Post
    the issue is i took it to a different pet store today that carries only rare animals and he had some regular and morph ball pythons and mine was 10 times brighter and even he said mine had a nice rare golden color. the shop i got mine from said she thinks it was from a pastel experiment and was 1 of the darker 1s so the sold it as a normal..

you can get normals in a clutch produced by a pastel. pastels also have green eyes, this should answer your maybes.
  • 02-15-2011, 08:27 AM
    angllady2
    No doubt it's a normal.

I've got 6 normals and 3 het pied normals and not one of them looks alike. I've seen normals range from deep brown/black body color with burnt orange markings to pale caramel bodies with sand colored markings, they are all still normals.

Gale
  • 02-15-2011, 12:05 PM
    snakesRkewl
    Quote:

Originally Posted by psi_mike View Post
    im just thinking about breeding her and it would help if i could tell what i would get. I love her so much and i dont care other than for that reason to me she is more beautiful than any ive seen

It's a normal, high gold normal but still a normal.
    If you breed another normal to it you get all normals.
    High gold normals are great for breeding other bright snakes to IE: Pastel, Fire, Cinnamon if you want light colored cinnies, pinstripe, spider, etc.
    Since they said your snake comes from a pastel (experiment?) then your snake is one of the normals from that breeding.