Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,087

1 members and 2,086 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
View RSS Feed

dragonboy4578

A New Start

Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.
It is funny how life works out. Two weeks ago I was happily planning my wedding with my long term fiancée, we were together for 12 years. Now everything has changed. On December 28 I came home to find a note saying that we were through. This wasn't a complete shock though. We have been having difficulties for the last 6 months, but things seemed to be doing better. We had both agreed to work on our relationship, and it seemed as though it was working. The funniest part of the letter was the P.S. I will pick my thing up in the next week or two. I started to receive calls from her family telling me to keep the faith that all she needed was time. I just told them that this was her decision and that she could get her things when she wanted to. I said it was no rush. Well today I get a call from a friend telling me that she has been posting on her facebook page about her new boyfriend and that she has been seeing him for a while behind my back. This just made me sick, but I have had time to calm down. I realize that this is a blessing. Yes it hurts, but this definitely puts closure in our relationship. I called her family, and told them to pick up her stuff tomorrow, and even said that I would help. I just need this to be over. Now I need to focus on me, and work on getting my life strait. I am going to focus on the things that make me happy, and go from there. Luckily I have a great group of friend that will help me through. On a positlive note I will have more time to dedicate to my reptile, and with the money that I am going to save by not paying on her bills I should be able to really grow my collection.

Have a great day, and remember when life throws you a curve ball the way you react will help to define you.

Morgan
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

read this post and i could not post back, thats crazy how she couldnt just talk with you she just left a note kinda low but everything happs for a reason good luck at least reptile will b good
    You sound like both a very strong person and a very kind person. I think that you deserve much better. It is very inspiring to see someone with such a great attitude in very dark times. I hope that I can one day be as strong as you are. I wish you the best,

Johan
    Well IMO she's a sorry excuse for a woman. After 12 years I would think you both would be able to talk face to face about issues. What she did was very cowardly and I agree with Johan- you can do better and deserve to be treated with as much kindness and dignity as you seem to possess. You behaved alot better than others in the same situation I know, so kudos to you.

I'm really sorry this happened to you but its better now than dealing with messy legalities after the wedding. Focus on yourself and being happy in whatever you decide to do in your life. Being happy is all that matters.

btw, I think you're an awesome person and thanks for sharing all your wisdom in the forums, its really appreciated!

Mindy
    Quote Originally Posted by texanborn
    Well IMO she's a sorry excuse for a woman. After 12 years I would think you both would be able to talk face to face about issues. What she did was very cowardly and I agree with Johan- you can do better and deserve to be treated with as much kindness and dignity as you seem to possess. You behaved alot better than others in the same situation I know, so kudos to you.

I'm really sorry this happened to you but its better now than dealing with messy legalities after the wedding. Focus on yourself and being happy in whatever you decide to do in your life. Being happy is all that matters.

btw, I think you're an awesome person and thanks for sharing all your wisdom in the forums, its really appreciated!

Mindy
    Thanks so much for the support. Things have been going good though. I have a lot less stress, and have really been able to enjoy just being me... And my ball python collection is really starting to grow...lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Johan
    You sound like both a very strong person and a very kind person. I think that you deserve much better. It is very inspiring to see someone with such a great attitude in very dark times. I hope that I can one day be as strong as you are. I wish you the best,

Johan
    Thanks for the support...
    Im really sorry. But, now you have time to focus on your reptiles. And, dragonboy? If you love something, let it go. If it comes back, its yours to keep. She obviously wasn't it. Just keep looking, you deserve way better then she could ever give you.
    we all have our curve balls in life and ive went through something similar... but on thing ive noticed since ive become single my friends around town and cross country where there for me when i needed the support, so i offer you my support, good friends are hard to find even ones that know what you went through
    Deleted by Dr Dale
    Updated 04-10-2011 at 07:48 PM by dsirkle (spammer)
    Years ago the term "fiancee" meant that two people were engaged to be married and would generally be married within a year.
    Today when I hear the term fiancee I assume that the couple never will marry as it is invariably used by people that have usually been living together for a decade or 2 and usually have children.
    This happened to my dad. Kudos on keeping a positive outlook. Now you can focus on your hobbies
    You def found a plus in there.