Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 502

0 members and 502 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Ziggy31984 (40)

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
View RSS Feed

Marks pretty boring blog.

Still pretty boring.

Rate this Entry
I haven't been around for a while, still getting used to my new shift at work I guess. I'm now working Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday from 7:00PM until 5:00AM, the money is pretty good, with the time and a half for Sundays and a 10% shift differential for working off hours, it's like getting paid for 49 hours for a 40 hour week. It's like getting a 25% raise, the down side of course is that it really messes up your internal clock. I actually love working those hours, there's actually more work to do, but it's very quiet with less distractions and fewer phone calls. I can crank up Pandora on the computer, I generally listen to classical music at work because I find it so relaxing, and just concentrate on one thing at a time.

One of the hard parts is getting home at 5:30 and trying to get to sleep right away. I usually just end up staring at the ceiling for a couple hours before I can drop off. Then of course the problem is STAYING asleep, if I can get to sleep before the sun comes up I can usually stay sleeping, but then if someone wakes me up I have a real hard time dropping off again. Two days of my work week, I often get a chance to see the youngest boy when I get home since he's just getting up at the same time and getting ready for school, but then he's out of the house by 6:30 to catch his bus. My wife usually gets up around 7:30 or 8:00 to get ready for work and she gets my oldest boy up and gets him breakfast, My wife Suzy has to be to work by 9:00am and Zach has to Catch his bus for school at 10:00. They try to be quiet, but are not always successful. I never seem to be able to sleep past 1:00pm. If I end up with at least 5 hours of sleep I'm pretty happy. Weekends of course are worse because that's when everyone else on the block decides to mow their lawns...

My last clutch of the year hatched this week and I'm pretty happy about it. 4 lessers out of 5 eggs. This is my 3rd year hatching lesser clutches and I FINALLY produced some females. The last two years, I only got a few clutches that were short on lessers and the ones I did get were all males. This year I produced 3 females and they're all staying with me.

one of the nice things about working third shift is that you're off every afternoon. Gives me lots of time for kayaking and going to appointments. I'm not looking forward to the cold this year as I'll have to put the boat away just when it's getting fun. I got this pic of a blue heron the other day while out on Island Lake..

Well, that's enough about me, I hope you all have a great day.

Late edit... Yankees take the first one, but there's four more to go... Pretty good game though.

Updated 10-07-2010 at 12:37 AM by MarkS

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

LEO Privacy is a good app guys. I've been searching LEO Privacy for very long time now I found it. I recommend LEO Privacy to install on your android phone, because this is a nice and worthy security ever. You can use it to [URL="http://bit.ly/blogleo1"]hide[/URL] things and find the person who want to open your app without permissions.