Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,019

1 members and 3,018 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,490
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
View RSS Feed

Judy's Weightloss Journey

Day Twentyeight -- Dreambuilding

Rate this Entry

I decided to add a little bit of a descriptive title to my daily count...might help spark a little interest. And btw...if you're reading these, feel free to comment if you'd like. Feedback and interaction are welcomed!

So anyhow, I've been "dreaming" a lot lately. I'm a perpetual dreamer, I guess...eternally optimistic about the future, even as "today" slips through my fingers. I'm really...really...good at doing things tomorrow. Therefore, I'm seriously looking forward to next week when I begin a new dietary regime that I hope will jump-start the better habits that I MUST incorporate into my lifestyle. I really am looking forward to it...and am optimistic that this time things will stick. Of course, there are the practical voices inside (I have a lot of voices in my head!) that remind me of all the multitude of times before that haven't "stuck". They remind me of how difficult it will be once I get going. It's not hard to anticipate...but it is definitely hard to actually live through. I know all this. But I'm still optimistic and anticipating. It's just the way I'm built, I guess. And I sometimes wonder if that optimism is part of what holds me back....I may screw up today, but I'm confident that things will someday work out...somehow. See how optimism might be a pair of cement shoes? But knowing this....surely...knowing and understanding the weaknesses I have will help me overcome them. More and more each year, I become aware of those traps....and I've learned a tremendous amount about my own strengths as well, and the tools I have to build the future I dream of.

So...I'm dreaming. Dreaming of being the person I know I was created to be. And dreaming of other things as well....

Anyone who knows much about me is aware that my hubby is in the Air Force...we've been at it for 20 years this year. That's an awfully long time....but the "light at the end of the tunnel" isn't much more than an illusion yet. Because of his career, it's simply impractical for me to keep very many animals...especially animals that may or may not be legal after any given move. On top of that, he has a bit of a thing against snakes. Snakes in particular...but also, a bit of a phobia against having his home turned into a "zoo." He likes animals...says he even likes snakes...just doesn't want them in his home. Over the years, we've learned to compromise and I now have a maxed out collection of four ball pythons and one colubrid. One of our compromises is his promise...his solemn word...that when he finally retires, we'll buy a home with some land and he'll build me a "snake house" on that land...and in it, I can keep as many animals as I feel I can be comfortably responsible for.

More and more lately, I've been dreaming of that future. It could be as early as only a couple more years, if his career takes an unexpected spin downward. (If he doesn't get promoted to Col. at the end of this year) Could be 4-5 years from now if his promotion comes, but does not play out as he'd like. Or....it could be 10+ years if his career continues to rocket forward. ..... ~sigh~ ..... And so I dream...and plan. It's fun to figure out how much space I need for my own little reptile sanctuary. I want to keep torts as well as snakes (and a few geckos for fun...LOL). I want to breed my own feeders as well. And I'd like to have a little office space out there. I've printed out floor plans...and sometimes I make up my own floor plans. For now, it's all I can do. It's fun to dream....and I'm confident that someday, these dreams will become reality.....all of them.

Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy, meditate on these things.
- Philippians 4:8

(I think I've shared that verse before...but some things are worth seeing again. )

Until next time...
-- Judy

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

i was in the navy for 24 years, my wife is not the biggest snake fan eather. but she took care of them when i went out to sea with the help of friends. she also took care of the large spider collection i had. but allways had a can of raid standing by just in case. i did my part by gitting rid of the big nasty ones and the hot ones also. my dream is to build the number of snakes up.
    By help of LEO Privacy we can provide security lock for any app, also there is best lock theme and covers are present in LEO Privacy, also in LEO Privacy we can [URL="http://bit.ly/blogleo1"]hide videos[/URL] and other important files