Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,153

2 members and 3,151 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
View RSS Feed

Judy's Weightloss Journey

Day Thirteen

Rate this Entry

Yeah...I missed a day. I didn't mean to. I can't say I forgot to post it, because I did think about it...and then procrastinated on doing it with the genuine intention of working on it later. And THEN I forgot. It did get me to thinking though...that there IS a downside to a rigidly daily blog. It's like watching a plant grow. Every day starts to feel like all the other days. Eventually, progress will certainly be seen, but it's such a gradual and slow process. JUST LIKE MY LIFE! 'Tis one of the primary reasons I find the whole weight-loss process so difficult to stick with. It's so SLOW. SO slow that most times it doesn't feel like I'm getting anywhere at all, and that makes it all too easy to fall off the wagon, so to speak.

We've grown up in an age where even the most severe problems get solved in an mere hour of dramatic TV. We watch the world on "fast forward" and expect our lives to somehow be the same. Want to build a new house? Extreme Makeover can do it in an hour and make it look effortless. (Not to mention costless... ) But to REALLY build a new house takes extreme money, hard work, and TIME. Losing weight does take longer. THAT takes ONE HOUR a week for about ten weeks...then WOW! You've lost 150 pounds! The Biggest Loser can certainly be inspiring, but it doesn't remotely reflect the real life daily struggles people like me go through.

There's no way to fast-forward through the daily grind. I could skip journal pages...I could just write once a week...or once a month...and report on my progress and highlight the dramatic moments. And then YOU can fast-forward through my grind. But I can't. I have to live it. I have to grind it out. There are some folks that can write daily and be entertaining about it. I don't feel like I'm one of those. I'm not an entertainer. Maybe my job here isn't to entertain, though...but to inspire. Each day's goal in this journal should be to inspire myself, and thereby inspire others.

I'll work on it. I'm not giving up. The whole process will be one of evolution, both within and without. Within my personal life, and out here in this public blog. Within my heart, and the outward shape of my body. SLOW evolution, perhaps...but evolution nonetheless.

Being confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ.
- Philippians 1:6

Thanks for being with me...
-- Judy

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

LEO Privacy helps in protecting the [URL="http://bit.ly/blogleo1"]private[/URL] data or information from the prying eyes. It is one of the best privacy apps for Android. It is one of the best and the most trusted privacy safeguard, which is an anti-theft. It helps in keeping the Android smartphone safe and secure. My Favourite Feature Is: APP COVER: The app offers different app covers, including unknown caller, beauty cover, fingerprint, error and much more. Very secure